1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DCR HC14E USB problem

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by cruachan, Jul 21, 2004.

1. cruachan

cruachan Member

Hi, I am having a terrible time with this cam-corder. I have installed it following all instructions and although I can see video when I am configuring sound etc. , that is all that I see. No "removeable disk" appears, I cant view images through Picture Package. I then downloaded the latest USB driver from Sony Europe and installed it again still no joy although again I can see video when the camera is being configured for USB streaming. Any ideas, this is killing me!

2. komodor

komodor Guest

The explanations in the book are loony... The package software is a piece of shit... Try adobe premiere, or Screenblast movie studio, or windows movie maker... for audio/video line. Or better, download some usb grabbers via the net... Concerning pictures I also didn't manage to transport any to my pc, but as registered user, i've send question to sony with a lot of "F" words, and am expecting the answer today... check this thread later today...

3. Shusuglao

Shusuglao Member

hi! i have the same PROBLEM ! ! ! i cant convert the whole video on camcorder to my HARD DISK in AVI or MPG format :S . . . do anyone know what do i have to do !? ?! i'm dissapointed bcuz of this CAMCORDER. . . not very good sony product i think !

4. komodor

komodor Guest

the f... sony technicians didn't reply yet...
    Don't know what to do with it... Have scanned the entire web for answers, but nobody seems to know... Next week perhaps, I'll get with a guy that knows about the stuff, so he'll teach me... keep posted...
    the camcorder is actually a piece of shit, and I feel very stupid this past ten days... spending a lot of money for non-working piece of crap... check out this weekend again for advices...

5. Shusuglao

Shusuglao Member

hey... one friend told me sth about this camere!
    on deutschland's web-sites there's written that CAMCORDER is GREAT, but SOFTWARE is SHIT ! . . . than sony anwsered that we have to find other program.
    and my friend told me for one, that is ULEAD MEDIA STUDIO PRO 8 . . . u can save all the files from the camera to ur HD . . . i'll tell u if it works, when i'll get it ...

6. komodor

komodor Guest

Genau. Kein problem mein freund, aber, Ich bin very much pissed off by the whole fusking situation. I also heard about cable connected adpater for flash memory accessories - do you know anything about that? Is it possible? Kannst Du etwas mir hilfen? Sorry about crappy Deutsch also, have study it in school just like english... Wich also I didn't learn very well...

7. Shusuglao

Shusuglao Member

komodor ;) ur english is good !!! much better than mine :)
    so, i havent heard anything about that cable! FIREWIRE ... that's all i know !
    i have got UNLEAD program and it works... but the quality is bad and pic moving is not so good :S . . . dont know what the problem is ! . . .

8. Donison

Donison Member

hey...im having same problem with my cam...piece of shit...wanna know if somebody know if ulead program works???

Dani

9. komodor

komodor Guest

I'm totally convinced that all of us have wasted our money on this crappy, shitty, stupid camcorder...
    All of us "newbies" are wining and complaining, and all those "senior members" keep quiet, 'cause no one in this fusking world knows how we are supposed to transport our dv movie to our PC... I have scanned half of Europe, trying to find the answers, every fusking tv station, production house, on four languages, Russia, China, US, NOBODY fusking knows how to explain to me WHY MY MOVIE CAPTURED ON PC IS SO CRAPPY VIA FIREIWIRE !!! IT SHOULD BE DVD QUALITY...
    That's why I have paid 550 EUR for the fusking thing... Zeiss optics, sony electronics. 10 optical/640 dig. zoom, DV/memory recording device, and WHAT DO I GOT? I GOT Mustek webcam (12 fusking EUR worth) quality when I capture... and NO PICS capture possible... no jpeg, tiff, bmp... not even possible to get the fusking print-screen to work...
    fusk it... Whoa, I'm angry...
    I'll keep you posted...

10. SirBobby

SirBobby Member

11. komodor

komodor Guest

hm... changing mother board and graph card made the difference for me... and, also, I got new firewire card... one with extra power supply... in stead of the integrated one I had recently... the fusker is working now... real dvd class... not a waste of money... the only problem was my lack of knowledge... exellent image Qual... perfect sound (via mic though) and everything in place...
    Got to go working...

12. Donison

Donison Member

hi......Komodore...please tell me what your solution is to get 1200*1600 resolution...i can only get 720*526 with the programs i use(windows movie maker-ulead video studio 8-adobe premiere-) i Want to know...i use firewire...and i dont think that my mother board and graphic card is bad....please end me message...thanks

13. komodor

komodor Guest

hm... the qual is 720 x 576 but being uncompressed, it just needs to be transponed to a higher resolution, and converted into a compression format... try converting it into HRes divx vith max capacity bitrate... It kinda works? Don't you think. Other tuff is strictly at your talent as a cameraman, and as sharpen as you record it, sharpen qual you'll have. If you use Hres Tv or a flat big screen like me, tha Hres is of utmost importance... try it, check the qual and reply.