1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAC gets errors ripping new CD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Mythblstr, May 30, 2013.

1. Mythblstr

Mythblstr Member

I am trying to backup a CD that was just released this week (that I purchased) and I copied the CD with Nero and the songs play about half way and stop on the copy. Then I tried ripping the CD into WAV files (not MP3s) with EAC and The files have the same problem they play part of the song then quit. The status on EAC said that there is a "timing problem" on every track. I know DVDfab keeps up with new (or used to) encryption techniques but are there any CD ripping programs that keep up with the latest copy prevention technology?
    ?????

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try ImgBurn.
    Download and run.
    'Create image file from disc'.
    Insert the source CD and set the output to a convenient location.
    A .bin .cue and .md5 file are created.

'Write image file to disc'.
    Insert a blank cd and select the '.cue' file;burn the disk.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  3. Mythblstr

Mythblstr Member

4. Mythblstr

Mythblstr Member

Thank you but it didn't work. This is the error message I got right away from IMGBurn:

"I 18:05:34 Reading Track 1 of 12... (AUDIO/2352, LBA: 0 - 25584, ISRC: USVI21201031)
    W 18:06:03 Failed to Read Sectors 8208 - 8234 - Reason: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
    W 18:06:03 Failed to Read Sector 8208 - Reason: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
    W 18:06:03 Retrying (1 of 20)..."

It's a brand new CD without a scratch on it and the DVD/CDR drive is fine. Is this some kind of anti pirating technology that's on Music CD's?

5. attar

attar Senior member

I think clonecd has a working trial that is still available.
    Supposed to work on protected cd's.

6. Mythblstr

Mythblstr Member

Thanks attar, that didn't work either. I used clonecd version 5.3.1.4 and it's probably about a year old. I haven't tried to rip a CD since prior to them having DRM technology several years ago. This is the first time EAC didn't work. I paid for this CD and want to have WAV quality backups lying around in case the CD gets screwed from the heat in my car (I live in Florida). If anyone has any other ideas I would love to hear them...Thank you

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You don't mention if original cd plays ok

8. Mythblstr

Mythblstr Member

Yes it's perfect, I just received it on Tuesday from Amazon. I just found out that clonecd 5.3.14 is the newest version. It has to be some kind of new DRM technology that no one has caught up with yet. When I copied the CD with Nero it completed burning and said it was successful but when I play it it plays half of any song and goes mute. With EAC it completes ripping the tracks (as WAVs) but they don't play or only play part of the song depending on what media player I used. Can anyone tell me their experience with DRM and music CDs? Is this new, I have never had a problem ripping or copying a CD before..

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  9. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

My cd collection is quite old & i never bothered to copy them just ripped them to flac,if it's just the one cd causing issues you could rip it to flac then create a cd using the extracted flac files,wmp should do the rip ok, it was what i used tho that was from an xp computer

perhaps isobuster can do the rip to iso you can play the iso in vlc to check it,only other option is web search & try out any freebie rippers

edit: other option see if a copy is on pirate bay

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  10. Mythblstr

Mythblstr Member

Thanks Scorp, Isobuster worked. I actually downloaded that MP3s 3 days before the album was released. I just wanted to have WAV quality CD backups and now I can thanks to you!
    John

11. Mez

Mez Active member

So would dbpoweramp or and old version of EAC. Both those companies got sued by the music industry because they got around a weak copy protection scheme. EAC complied and the suit was dropped. The other fought it and won the suit. Probably the CD is mildly copy protected. The details are somewhere in the top sticky.