1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when will the "loading. . ." end?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by xRichManx, Jul 21, 2004.

1. xRichManx

xRichManx Member

Alright, I've initiallized my memory card, and i'm using Phoenix 2.3(Loader:ACL1.4 Server:Standard PC Server) to load MegaMan Network Transmission.

I went to online game, loaded my chara, then after it loaded, then the starcube thing appeared and I pressed Start. Now there's a screen that says "Loading. . ." that I can't get passed. How long does it take to load? Did it freeze or something? The ACL 1.4 dos window says on the last 2 lines:

Initialising...OK
    WaitingC.........X.XX.X.X.XX.X.X..XXX._

(the "_" is blinking)

Help me.

2. xRichManx

xRichManx Member

By looking everything over i've came to this conclusion. . .

The reason the loading screen won't go away is because the game is trying to load, but is doing it at 0kb/s which won't ever allow me to load the game at all. What's with that? I tried loading a N64 game, and basically the samething would happen, but it would jump to 32kb/s then back to 0kb/s.

plz help me

3. xRichManx

xRichManx Member

nevermind, I have solved it myself.

For people who need help with this in the future I'll tell you guys how I solved the problem.

I went to Network Places, then Local Area Connection, then went to the properties of the Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and changed it to these:

IP Address: 192.168.1.100
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.100

Then I went to Configure(in the Local Area Connection window) and went to Advanced. There I changed the "Auto-Negotiation" Value to "10Base Full Duplex"

Then after these two changes I couldn't use the internet, but I was able to stream gamecube/n64 games nicly.

I'm very happy with the results i've seen. The choppy-ness isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It actually works pretty well in my opinion. There's only one problem that has happened that scares me. I'm afraid my memory card might be corrupt. (See the new Memory Card problem topic i'm going to make)

4. Phyrus

Phyrus Guest

You don't need to set yourself as gateway, that should work leaving the gateway section on your PC blank.

5. TaN00Ki

TaN00Ki Member

plus u cant be a gataway of your own machine..

6. Phyrus

Phyrus Guest

well.. technically you can be your own gateway.. but there is really no useful reason for it.

7. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

On the gateway topic: if you leave the gateway unconfigured on both the Gamecube and the PC, this will keep packets from ever finding their way from the 192.168.1.0/24 network to any other network your streaming PC may be connected to which is not such a bad idea.