1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlock sound on sony walkman mp3 player model NWZ-B172

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by casper0077, Aug 3, 2013.

1. casper0077

casper0077 Member

Can anyone help with unlocking the sound restriction on the Sony Walkman MP3 player Model Number NWZ-B172. the sound that it produces is very poor and I love loud music even if it makes me deaf. Thanks peeps.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

Do you now that there is one? Most players limit the volume by French law. That applies to ear buds as well. In theroy they are preventing you from damaging your ears.

If you really want to damage your ears why should I stop up? My hearing was blown out in my 20s but the damage didn't show up till my 50s. Mild damage doesn't show until the aging effects your hearing. Mild damage would be like shooting a shot gun without ear protection. Serious damage would be to be in the same room as a large explosion like a granade that didn't kill you. Blood will be comming out of your ears and you will not be able the hear probably at all. The aging process accererates greatly if your hearing is even slightly damaged.

You can normalize your music. It is normally used to protect your hearing by keeping all your audio at a loud but constant magnitude. Instead on normaliziing @ 97 db try 120 db if it will get you that high. 120 will damage your hearing right away but that is still nothing compared to the volume I listened to.

Enjoy!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013