AfterDawn: Tech news

AMD gains market share in GPU market

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 18 Aug 2013 11:38 User comments (5)

AMD gains market share in GPU market

According to Peddie Research, AMD has gained share again in the GPU market.
Year-over-year the company saw its share jump significantly, to 21.9 percent from 20.6 percent quarter-over-quarter.

Intel also gained, from 61.1 percent up to 62 percent.

Both companies gained at the expense of Nvidia, which took a deep dive from 18.3 percent to 16.1 percent thanks to a weak PC market.

Intel and AMD seem to be boosting their share thanks to integrated graphics chips, which have all but killed off the low-end GPU market. Nearly 100 percent of Intel's non-server processors now have integrated graphics, and two-thirds of AMD's do.

Overall, PC GPU shipments fell 6.8 percent for the quarter.

Tags: GPU AMD
Previous Next  

5 user comments

119.8.2013 10:15

This isn't necessarily all bad news for nvidia. I dont think these stats include info about mobile devices and that's where their focus is shifting.
So AMD has the new consoles intel has the everyday PC market and nvidia had a strong presence in the mobile sphere.

220.8.2013 09:11

If they fixed their drivers and optimized them better I would be all over me some ATI...

323.8.2013 14:14

Yeah...I was surprised I *STILL* had to downgrade one of my AMD dlls to keep Skyrim from locking up my daughter's computer with a black screen of death (I gave her my 6950 and installed current drivers). This game is how popular? How old? Come on, AMD.

424.8.2013 23:57

Congrats to AMD. I have a Radeon 6970 that runs everything I throw at it without a problem; in hi-res. Skyrim, Witcher 2,SWTOR,Splinter Cell Blacklist...no problems.

525.8.2013 08:44

kutulu1 you are one of the lucky ones.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive