AfterDawn: Tech news

Sony Xperia Z1 'Honami' to come with free smartwatch

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 03 Sep 2013 8:05 User comments (4)

Sony Xperia Z1 'Honami' to come with free smartwatch One of the most highly-anticipated new phones of the fall is the Sony Xperia Z1, codenamed 'Honami.'
Besides high-end specs, the phone is getting a lot of attention due to its high-end camera and the ability to snap-on real SLR lenses through one of the phone's port, effectively turning the device into a touchscreen DSLR.

Today, another leak about the phone has hit the Web, the fact that at least some markets will receive a free Sony smartwatch with their Honami purchase. The Sony SmartWatch 2, released in June, works with Android 4.0 (or higher) devices, and has 200 built-in apps.

Full specs (via PA) for the Honami, which will be officially unveiled tomorrow:

5.0-inch 1920x1080 pixel Triluminos display, 16% wider colour gamut
Carbon fiber frame; Dragontrail tempered glass front protection; Corning Gorilla Glass 3 back protection
Shock-, dust-, shatter-, water-proof, IP 55/58
2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (Krait 400) chip
Adreno 330 GPU
16GB expandable memory, microSD card slot
3100 mAh battery, new improved STAMINA mode
MHL / Miracast / NFC / Bluetooth 4.0 / LTE / Wi-Fi (a/b/g/n; a/c)
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
20.7 MP rear camera with G lens (using Exmor RS CMOS sensor), f/2.3 aperture, capable of recording 4K (4096 x 2160) resolution videos at 30fps (using BIONZ imaging engine for still photos and X-reality Pro video engine for videos)
2 MP Exmor R front-facing camera capable of shooting 1080p full HD resolution videos at 30fps
IR Remote
4G LTE connectivity
Dual (Stereo) speakers
144 x 73.9 x 8.3mm

Previous Next  

4 user comments

13.9.2013 23:44

I want to know price/availability. This is a phone that makes sense, to turn into a camera on the fly with that snap on lens. Adding the Smartwatch 2 is clever too. Sony you got my attention again, and I'm sure I not alone.

24.9.2013 13:52

I can see liking the phone but really don't see a scenario where I would want the watch.

34.9.2013 16:08

What must I do to have this avail on at&t. I will do anything. I have been holding off on getting a smart phone since the iphone 3gs and have just been using different handsets, mainly the xperia play.

This is the first tie I legitimately want a phone since the first iPhone.

49.9.2013 15:33

Originally posted by dEwMe:
I can see liking the phone but really don't see a scenario where I would want the watch.
Agreed!!

Watch is pointless........except for those that have no point.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive