1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB driver uninstall mistake, no network.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Omega613, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Omega613

Omega613 Newbie

Hello there!

So I recently made myself uninstall usb drivers as a troubleshooting to my error 10 message of usb network stick.

So my keyboard works fine, any other device plugged wont work nor will it install the software.

I do not have network connection available on that pc, nor lan.

So the question is, how am I going to get my other usb devices to work?

I have tried several things like system restore (too early date, just returned after being away for months)

I tried restarting, several other usb ports and no results, however the keyboard works fine on any port.

Running on gigabyte motherboard 970A-UD3, 64bit- windows 7 ultimate.

I do have network connection available on my laptop however I am afraid that the stationary computer does not have lan drivers so brdiging wont do.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You can download appropriate drivers for the lan directly if you know the manufacturer of the lan chip i.e intel etc,or it will be on mobo's manufacturers site hopefully

the usb drivers may or may not be separate drivers or they may be part of the mobo chipset drivers

getting them back to a working state i assume you have a functional dvd drive preferably using a rw disc so burning them to a rewritable disc is a go or place the necessary drivers on the hdd directly by utilizing an external housing & install from there

The drivers themselves may still be in the system32 folder unfortunatley knowing which ones are which is anyone's guess unless the option to delete was used by mistake

you may want to look at drivermax or some other similar free software even if only used to create an initial driver backup,however a better option is using imaging software like easeus todo backup (free version of coarse)actually make that imaging comment mandatory,it makes system no restore look like a pansie

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

4. Omega613

Omega613 Newbie

Problem is:

The drivers were uninstalled from device manager I think I reached to uninstall about two of them before I had to shutdown the pc due to having no mouse/keyboard.

Starting the pc, hoping that windows would find the drivers only to find out I got the keyboard to work, but nothing else.

The keyboard works in all sockets.

So I wonder, why doesn't windows find the drivers for any usb devices plugged in?

Also, there is no dvd drive installed to the computer at all.

Trying to install the drivers from USB is impossible due to the lack of drivers when trying to plug it in.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  5. ddp

see what happens in safemode?

6. attar

attar Senior member

@ddp
    Doesn't the fact that the keyboard works imply that at least 'Legacy mode' is set in the bios and if it is set, then a cabled mouse or flash drive should also be recognized.

7. ddp

should be in legacy mode but is not a default & not for usb as is not legacy. do want usb keybd\mouse enabled in bios for dos so will work in safemode. want to find out if the mouse will work in safemode or not.

8. Omega613

Omega613 Newbie

Hello there and thank you all for your answers!

Did the following:

Delete any remaining drivers via device manager, shut pc down, unplug everything and after that I waited for a few minutes, plugged power cable in and started the pc.

Upon windows opening completely I plugged everything back and I was back to normal, everything works now.

Cheers for answers either way, hope that helps someone in future.