1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is "extended play"?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jdogg20OO, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Jdogg20OO

Jdogg20OO Guest

I have a new laptop with a DVD+RW burner, and Sonic MyDVD software, and i want to burn my downloaded video files onto a dvd, but it only lets me put on 120 minutes worth. On the back of my blank DVD+Rs, it says something about different video modes, such as extended play and long play, etc... How can i put movies onto my DVD with these longer video modes?

2. djgizmo

djgizmo Member

Extended play is when you compress the information on the DVD to allow it to hold more. Simular to use EP and SP on a VCR.

3. Phys

Phys Member

You need a program that will compress enought so it can be written on the DVD (4.7 Go). DVD X Copy per example.

As gizmo said, EP is more compressed, so sometimes.. quality is also compressed =). But don't worry, you need like 20 cm large glasses to see the difference.
    Haha

4. Jdogg20OO

Jdogg20OO Guest

Can DVDShrink compress the file size??

5. djgizmo

djgizmo Member

Yes, it compresses DVD Video that is larger than the standard (4.3 something) to a size that a single blank disc can handle. I personally use dvdshrink. (just got my dvd writer this week) It's very simple to use.