1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m4a to Mp3 conversion

Discussion in 'Audio' started by hakah, Dec 1, 2013.

1. hakah

hakah Member

Please advise how I can convert M4a files to Mp3 and what software I have to use with?
    Thanks a lot for the great help!

2. Mez

Mez Active member

If they are audio as they should be to post your question here use dbpoweramp or foobar.

3. hakah

hakah Member

Do you mean I post those m4a files here? I haven't been used dbpoweramp or footbar as this is the first time I deal with this. Hope you can tell me what I should do now as well as the download link for dbpoweramp. Thanks!

4. Mez

Mez Active member

No, you do not need to post your files here.

mp4 files can be audio or video. I assumed since you posted your question in the audio forum your mp4 files were audio. I gave you instructions to transcode (convert) mp4 audio files to mp3 or any other format.

Last time I checked dbpoweramp will allow you a trial period and after that period enough functionality works that is is still useful. You need to load any codex you might need during the trial period. You can't load any new codexes after the app has expired. Codex allows you to convert from and to the format.

You can also just play the mp4 or your computer and record it with audacity and save it as an mp3.

5. hakah

hakah Member

I will have a try on it and let you have the results. Thanks!

6. hakah

hakah Member

There is error message encountered while installing dMC-R14.4 and dMC-codec-pack showing on Ins.448.tmp.ex screen with msvcr71.dll is found missing and program cannot be activated. But I checked Program Files installation directory, that file exists there
    and shows access denied when double-click it.
    Please what I have done wrong with the installation and advise any possible means to solve the problem to enable the application to work properly.
    Many thanks for the assistance!

7. Mez

Mez Active member

You can ask the the makers. It sounds like you might now have enough rights to install. If you are using win 7 or 8 you need to right click and run as admin to install something even if you are and admin.

8. thebox

thebox Member

Try using Media Human Audio Converter. It's free. I use it all the time and it's fast and reliable.
    It can also let you drag and drop a video and convert it to whatever audio format you wish.