1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simulate a USB drive?

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Adam_Bomb, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Adam_Bomb

Adam_Bomb Newbie

I have a new JVC "smart" TV with a usb port that can read media on usb drives. However I want to run a male to male USB cable from my living room to my PC and play files off my pc. What kind of software would I need to do this?

Its a custom build pc with motherboard ASUS M4N72-E, graphics card EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+, processor Athlon 64 x2 6000, and OS windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. The TV is a JVC Black Sapphire SP55M-C.

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Is the usb on the tv meant for that or just stand alone flash drive or an external hdd if your lucky

The tv most probably won't be able to navigate thru the pc usb to the folder you want to access ???,better option would most probably be hdmi cable to tv from pc & install xbmc or install xbmc or such like as a standalone dual boot on the pc

3. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

I assume any Smart Tv would be dlna compatible, to play content from you computer I would either setup a dlna server or plug the computer directly into the tv (via one of the display ports).

The usb port should either be used for a memory stick or external hard drive.