AfterDawn: Tech news

Here are the alleged specs for Nintendo's upcoming consoles, codename 'Fusion'

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 21 Jan 2014 4:35 User comments (16)

Here are the alleged specs for Nintendo's upcoming consoles, codename 'Fusion' Rumors of Nintendo working on next-gen consoles have picked up in pace recently, and now we have a full alleged spec sheet to accompany the rumors.
The next-gen consoles are now codenamed "Fusion Terminal" and "Fusion DS" (for the handheld).

Here are the rumored specs (via Gaminrealm):

FUSION DS

CPU: ARMv8-A Cortex-A53 GPU: Custom Adreno 420-based AMD GPU
COM MEMORY: 3 GB LPDDR3 (2 GB Games, 1 GB OS)
>2 130 mm DVGA (960 x 640) Capacitive Touchscreen
>Slide Out Design with Custom Swivel Tilt Hinge
>Upper Screen made of Gorilla Glass, Comes with Magnetic Cover
>Low End Vibration for Gameplay and App Alerts
>2 Motorized Circle Pads for Haptic Feedback
>Thumbprint Security Scanner with Pulse Sensing Feedback
>2 1mp Stereoptic Cameras
>Multi-Array Microphone
>A, B, X, Y, D-Pad, L, R, 1, 2 Buttons
>3 Axis Tuning Fork Gyroscope, 3 Axis Accelerometer, Magnetometer
>NFC Reader
>3G Chip with GPS Location
>Bluetooth v4.0 BLE Command Node used to Interface with Bluetooth Devices such as Cell Phones, Tablets
>16 Gigabytes of Internal Flash Storage (Possible Future Unit With 32 Gigbytes)
>Nintendo 3DS Cart Slot
>SDHC "Holographic Enhanced" Card Slot up to 128 Gigabyte Limit
>Mini USB I/O
>3300 mAh Li-Ion battery

The home console, a successor for the failed Wii U, also has strong specs:

FUSION TERMINAL

GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)
CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)
Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER
MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAME KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL
>802.11 b/g/n Wireless
>Bluetooth v4.0 BLE
>2 USB 3.0
>1 Coaxial Cable Input
>1 CableCARD Slot
>4 Custom Stream-Interface Nodes up to 4 Wii U GamePads or 4 DSc
>Versions with Disk Drive play Wii U Optical Disk (4 Layers Maximum), FUSION Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) and Nintendo 3DS Card Slot.
>1 HDMI 2.0 1080p/4K Port
>Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound
>Inductive Charging Surface for up to 4 FUSION DS or IC-Wii Remote Plus Controllers
>Two versions: Disk Slot Version with 60 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage and Diskless Version with 300 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage.

More importantly for the struggling gaming company is the fact that they are already making demo software in an effort to ensure a strong launch lineup and subsequent releases.

Previous Next  

16 user comments

121.1.2014 16:39

Long as it's not another Wii something. Obviously that isn't what we want.

221.1.2014 17:55

Originally posted by dEwMe:
Long as it's not another Wii something. Obviously that isn't what we want.
I'd still take game pad functionality.

321.1.2014 20:19

Why now :\ yeah we know they're doing bad but the main dogs are already out and making the noise...

422.1.2014 01:40

I think this is awesome! (well I hope the new DS doesn't come too soon I still love the 3DS and not interested in having to upgrade to soon on it with tons of games I have yet to play)

As for the new "Terminal" I think Nintendo might be finally getting the hint and getting an early start, with what looks like decent specs for this day and age I cant say if they wait 8 years that will be the same but needless hopefully they are collaborating with development teams and already putting together software for it.

If Nintendo releases another console in a few years with a healthy launch list of 1st & 3rd party titles I have no doubt they will be back on track, but as I have been waiting on buying the Wii-U for more titles this concerns me they may soon back out of supporting the wii-u and just put everything towards this new console....

522.1.2014 03:01

I'm sorry to say but I think that this is doomed for disaster, yet again. The only reason why I havven't made the jump to a Wii U is solely based on that ridiculous Wii U Gamepads. They are too bulky! If they are thinking of introducing a new DS then why not make it compatible as a controller like the PS Vita and just keep the normal Wii remotes for other games. Nintendo need to understand that they have never been about high specs as the original Wii will show you. They just need a simple console with awesome games. They should have just released a Wii HD console and kept the controllers as they were. I hope they make it.

622.1.2014 04:05

Originally posted by Dragon3000:
I'm sorry to say but I think that this is doomed for disaster, yet again. The only reason why I havven't made the jump to a Wii U is solely based on that ridiculous Wii U Gamepads. They are too bulky! If they are thinking of introducing a new DS then why not make it compatible as a controller like the PS Vita and just keep the normal Wii remotes for other games. Nintendo need to understand that they have never been about high specs as the original Wii will show you. They just need a simple console with awesome games. They should have just released a Wii HD console and kept the controllers as they were. I hope they make it.
Interesting.... ever played with one before or just going off the pictures? everyone I know with a wii-u and I myself actually like the feel of the Game pad it feels just right (battery life is kind of a bit$h, and for those not interested in a screen have the wii u pro controller that feels about the same as a 360 controller, options are there ;)

722.1.2014 06:39

Quote:
Interesting.... ever played with one before or just going off the pictures? everyone I know with a wii-u and I myself actually like the feel of the Game pad it feels just right (battery life is kind of a bit$h, and for those not interested in a screen have the wii u pro controller that feels about the same as a 360 controller, options are there ;)
Agreed: my 4yo daughter loves the feel of it and she has baby hands. Bulky how? The damn thing has rivets (for lack of a better word) on the back on each side to let your fingers easily rest behind the unit regardless of size. It also doesn't weigh very much and the grip is flawless. All buttons are just as easily accessible as a PS3 or 360 Controller. Not too sure what his argument is here, but to argue that it's bulky without explaining how, than the argument itself sort of falls flat.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 22 Jan 2014 @ 6:41

822.1.2014 07:58

CAN I USE IT AS A VOIP PHONE THEN???

Oh, I'm sorry, was I shouting?

922.1.2014 12:13

I thought the Wii U was "next gen".

This is "UPCOMING"????????

Then why is Nintendo deciding against wireless AC?

1022.1.2014 14:44

Originally posted by hearme0:

Everywhere else i have read this story I'm hearing allot of buzz that this is nothing but the creation of a fanboy and is very far from the truth with no evidence or credible source whatsoever.

1122.1.2014 20:58

Originally posted by Menion:
Originally posted by hearme0:

Everywhere else i have read this story I'm hearing allot of buzz that this is nothing but the creation of a fanboy and is very far from the truth with no evidence or credible source whatsoever.
It's hard to believe they they haven't made a commitment to the WiiU.

1223.1.2014 07:50

It's not all hard to believe, Nintendo' always working on something new and always about finding new ways to innovate their hardware; usually starting development of new hardware as early as their current device launches. It's a shame they haven't nailed down the timing to let developers have a crack at their hardware, but nothing can be done about that. So even if this was some fanboy crock to get the masses talking: it still wouldn't surprise me if there was any semblance of realism to it; just it won't be released for like 3-4 years down the road (and then, maybe just to developers).

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 23 Jan 2014 @ 7:51

1323.1.2014 11:13

Heres what I want, BWC for GBA,GC,DS,3DS and WII and WIIU with upscaling and filtering options. Call it the WII 2 let it play blu ray films, LCD screen pad, have a normal wireless controller with it a sensorbarless wiimote and numbchuck and I would be happy to spend 600$ on it.

1423.1.2014 13:56

I found it interesting that the console has a 3ds slot.

1524.1.2014 15:14

...With GTA next gen?

1624.1.2014 16:02

My proposal to Nintendo: Cease development of any more consoles, licence and port your library of (admittedly) great kids' games to Sony and Microsoft. Focus R&D funding on what you're good at; making great hand-helds and family friendly games.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive