1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Utilising a 4GB SDHC card

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Mah-jonng, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Mah-jonng

Mah-jonng Newbie

Hi,

I want to place any program onto a 4GB SDHC card, to use like a USB flash drive, so that it can run during bootup for Vista!

So, the questions is: what drivers or files do you need to place onto a SD or SDHC card, without reverse engineering etc - if possible, to enable any program to run during boot up for Vista?

But, please note 2 things:

1. I do not want place the whole Vista operating system because it is already installed
    on this laptop;

and

2. Although I have not received a full or proper answer yet I will not mention at this
    stage any method or procedure that I have tried, any company or person that I have
    contacted or any website that I have visited!

But, what I can mention is: have tried 2 methods/instructions which I found on the internet after a deep search. Both failed!

Also, have tried P E Builder. But I have not been successful in acheiving 'it', yet!!

So, can you help by providing me with a detailed answer or directing me to a website where I will find a 'well used' method/procedure?

Thank you for your patience in this matter and I do look forward to receiving your reply soon in the near future.

From

Mr Berwyn H Price

2. Mah-jonng

Mah-jonng Newbie

Hi everyone,

I do not want to anyone to think that I am impatient but it has been 14 days since I posted this message!

So, in reference to that statement I have a question: has anyone, especially a computer expert, read my message or request?

If anyone has read this post then why have you not a least replied with a solution or an acknowledgement?

Please note: if I do not receive a reply, at least a confirmation, then I will have no choice but to delete this post and maybe unsubscribe. I cannot wait for a reply indefinitely!

Thank you from

Mr Berwyn H Price

3. aldan

aldan Active member

in googling this i just have one question,why? sd and sdhc card are memory cards and are for storing data on.if you want a program to run at startup in vista there is an option to do that but i dont see it being easy or even possible to do the way you want.i am curious though as to the benefits of doing this.its likely that you have not received a reply for the simple reason that nobody has run across this before.ive been on this site since 2006 or so and ive never seen anything pertaining to this.on a lighter note you may have better luck with google as there appears to be info on this out there.maybe just not here.

4. Mah-jonng

Mah-jonng Newbie

Hi Aldan,
    Hi Aldan,

Thank you for your reply to my message.

Took note of your reply. I will respond
    soon to explain further and to answer
    your questions - just need time to
    think.

Thank you again - will reply soon

From

Mr Berwyn H Price

5. aldan

aldan Active member

ya got me curious.

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

I'm curious as to why.I know something that may be helpful , when booting you have to hit 1 of the f keys ( i was trying to go into safe mode other week and did it, i'm not 100% sure which 1 i was pressing ) it will load boot order, if the sd card shows up in boot order you can try and boot straight from it.