AfterDawn: Tech news

ABC to live stream the Oscars, but only to some cities and you must have a pay TV subscription

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 27 Feb 2014 10:33 User comments (6)

ABC to live stream the Oscars, but only to some cities and you must have a pay TV subscription ABC announced earlier this year that they would be live streaming the Academy Awards for the first time ever this year, but now we know the restrictions are vast.
To watch the stream, you will need to have a pay TV subscription from a supported provider, which include AT&T U-verse, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, Verizon, Google Fiber, and Midcontinent but does not include Time Warner Cable, the nation's second largest cable company.

Restricting even further, the stream will be available in just eight cities: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh-Durham and Fresno.

If you are one of the few people who can access the live stream, the features should be pretty intriguing. You will be able to switch away from the main stage feed to other camera views of the "Winners Walk," "Audience" and "Press Room." If watching from a mobile device, there will be an ongoing stream of social media and a photo gallery.

Previous Next  

6 user comments

128.2.2014 11:08

Despite all of this, I still won't watch the Oscars. They have always been a very long and boring self important award show. Besides, the older I get, the less relevant they are in my eyes (and in the eyes of others, in my opinion.)

228.2.2014 18:37

You couldn't pay me to watch this self absorbed crap, Hollywierd can keep their Oscars.

328.2.2014 19:14

Originally posted by Mr-Movies:
You couldn't pay me to watch this self absorbed crap, Hollywierd can keep their Oscars.
Amen, brother. When good movies like "Saving Private Ryan" back in 1998, or "The Dark Knight" in 2008 get snubbed, and only TDK gets one other award besides Heath Ledger's legendary performance, then the whole legitimacy of the whole process is called into question.

428.2.2014 21:18

No doubt.

51.3.2014 15:56

Hollywood Monopoly Mafia at it best; brainwashing the people of the world for more $$$ ...as people care less & less about them as the time goes by.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 01 Mar 2014 @ 5:10

62.3.2014 12:42

.....people STILL watch the oscars.. i mean, wow there are people who actually CARE who wins. lol really... so ya got best movie actor ...ummmm so.

i would rather be watching sesame street!!!

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
2 user comments
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive