AfterDawn: Tech news

Samsung introduces 'Milk Music' Internet radio service for Galaxy devices

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 08 Mar 2014 4:45 User comments (2)

Samsung introduces 'Milk Music' Internet radio service for Galaxy devices Samsung has introduced a new Internet radio service for its own products, "Milk Music."
Exclusive to Samsung phones and tablets, Milk Music is completely free to download and free of ads.

As of this week, the service only works on the Galaxy S3, the Galaxy S4, the Note 2, the Note 3 and most S4 variants including the Active and the Mini. Of course, it will also work with the newly unveiled Galaxy S5.

Milk Music is powered by Slacker radio, and includes 200 genre stations and has over 13 million songs in total. Samsung's partnership with the company means they did not have to secure new licensing deals with the labels.

Samsung will deliver exclusives and other "first listens," as well, through its "Spotlight" section. The interface of the service has an aesthetically pleasing dial with genres, Spotlight, and a history of the last 500 songs you have listened to.

The app is available through Google Play now if you own one of the aforementioned devices and it is U.S.-only for the time being.

(Pictures via Engadget)

Previous Next  

2 user comments

110.3.2014 13:33

On the web site it says it's ad free and free at all "For a limited time". Really my time invested in beating Pandora into submission is worth the $8 a month to me. That and Pandora works on my PCs, ROKU, Android devices and who knows what all else. I have no interest in a new free for now sort of app I can only use on my Cell...

210.3.2014 15:18

Free Music & Free Ads is my language.
All they missing is the "forever" magic word.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Mar 2014 @ 3:19

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive