1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd copying issues

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by brenna25, Mar 24, 2014.

1. brenna25

brenna25 Member

I have always used dvd rebuilder with fairly good results. but ever since the old computer broke down and i tried downloading everything it has NOT worked.

I can use dvd shrink but prefer somethinga little bit better.

I can NOT download all the software pieces that I need from the website. ideas please?

alternatives or other ways to make this work?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Personally i'm too tired to unencrypt what your saying so elaborate & explain better by what you mean when you say you can't download all the pieces,what pieces ? from what website ? however a replacement for dvdshrink is dvdfab hd decrypter

3. brenna25

brenna25 Member

sorry

i meant like mpeg3dec3 or dedecode?

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Ok lets start at the beginning you've got a dvd ,you rip it to hard drive,once it's on the hard drive what are you wanting to do with the video ? if it's to convert to a format for use with a mobile device then vidcoder or handbrake is what you need as they have presets for most devices which can be tailored to suit

5. brenna25

brenna25 Member

decrease its size to 4.?? gb but at a high quality

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Loss of quality is unavoidable,the higher the file size the lower the quality will be; as the more compression you apply the worse it gets.You can offset that a little bit by:=

you can increase the quality by using dvd shrink & selecting only the titles (movie & extra's)you want to keep,then trim front & ends of all titles & remove any audio & subs you don't require;then using custom file output size set it to 4485mb,then after it's created burn to a AZO verbatim dvd;downside is there will be no menu

other option use hard drives to store 1:1 rips ; tho i would advise removing any titles & audio etc you don't require & if possible run menushrink over the menu when rip is complete,you'll need to check menu navigation in the media player you use & if it doesn't work use restore function

Anydvd has an option when ripping dvd's to recreate the menu with stills i've never used it so can't comment