1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI file playback problem

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by VH770, Mar 28, 2014.

1. VH770

VH770 Newbie

Hi all,

I've recently recorded an AVI file with a camera that works fine. The recording is roughly 34mins, however when playing back (VLC, or windows media player) the first second of sound is heard (and the video is fine), but then the video freezes and the sound cuts off. It then plays for another 34mins like that (frozen vid/no sound).

I would normally just assume the recording was bad but the fact that it plays for 34mins (when the recording is that long) gives me an impression perhaps the video file is fixable.

i've tried virtualdubmod to re-save, divxfix+ to strip index and re-save, and divxrepair and none of them have helped.

any ideas? have i just lost the video?

thanks

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

try klite full be sure in settings selection on install mediainfo is ticked,then check last in list that "visit website" is unticked & see if it can play it,you will also be able to right clik the avi & see what video & audio is there assuming the avi is not corrupted which by the sounds of it;it is

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i had a dodgey avi file.I opened it in window movie maker and checked playback which seemed fine, saved it as video and it worked.It lost a lot of quality but it did play back fine.