1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading a swf video

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by Elayne, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

Hi, I saw this swf video on the internet that I would like to download, but can't find a way to do it. Can someone help me on what program I have to use to download these kind of files? Thank you.

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Without knowing the site I can't say for sure.

Normally SWF video is a download format and not a streaming format. I other words, if you watch the video you have downloaded it. You probably just didn't know it. Look in you Temporary Internet Files folder for the downloaded file and copy it from there. The URL address should also be there so the file can also be downloaded with most any download manager.

Of course there are some sites that make and use a SWF file as a player that actually plays a streaming FLV, FLA file but that is not very many. In cases like that you would have to use some sort of screen video capture option.

Much more information about any type of streaming media recording at the link below.

3. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

Thank you so much for your information. After several hours of doing more research, I did find similar information and plus a site that you can download a free program. I like your way better. Thank you again.

4. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

I tried looking for the file and it's not in the temp. internet files. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go another route. Thank you anyway. The file is "this land" with Bush and Kerry.

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

It really should be found in your TIF folder.
    It was there after I played it.

Some tips.

Before you play the video.
    IE > Tools >Internet Options... > General tab > Delete files. This will make it easier to find in the TIF.

After you play the video.
    IE > Tools >Internet Options... > General tab > Settings... > View Files.
    This will open the TIF so you can find the file and URL.

If the TIF is open before you load the video. Right click and refresh after the video has loaded or you will not see it.

Don't close IE before you copy the video file. Closing the browser may delete the file from the TIF depending on your computer settings.

And lastly. Here is the URL. Any download manager should download it.
    http://images2.shockwave.com/afassets/flash/this_land.swf

Last edited: Jul 28, 2004
  6. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

Well, I did as you said and it didn't work. I must being doing something wrong. I give up. Thank you for your time and help. Take care.

7. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

use the browser firefox

then select file > save page as.

go to where you saved it and you will have a htm file and a folder saying (nameofwebpage)_files or something like that, go in their and the flash should be their :D