1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting Problems

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by OCDgamer, Jul 27, 2004.

1. OCDgamer

OCDgamer Member

I tried to convert a "DIVXMPG4 V3" file to the NTSC DVD format with TMPGEnc and when it finished it was upside-down. I've also had cases where it was stretched veritcally (like widescreen but vertical). Can this be fixed? I also got an error that said the video should be under 4GB, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. If this has already been posted sorry for the inconvience, but I din't see this listed. Thanks.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Try Installing "FFDshow Decoder" and configure it to decode all Formats and then see if Tmpgenc still encodes an upside down File, if it still does FFDShow has the Option to Flip the Video ....

If your Video is Stretched after encodeing then it is Because it has not been resized properly....
    If you Post the Resolution of your AVI file I"ll tell you how to resize it in Tmpgenc so it doesn"t Look Stretched or Squished.....

Cheers

3. OCDgamer

OCDgamer Member

Thanks. Do you mean it has to be resized before or after the decoding to DVD format?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

It gets resized durring encodeing to Mpeg2/DVD...
    Your AVI file probably has a Lower resolution than the Mpeg2/DVD File that you are Createing so when encodeing the encoder resizes the resolution to DVD Resolution but it is resizeing it incorrectly because you are getting a stretched Image...
    So if you tell me the Resolution of your AVI file and if you are makeing a Pal or NTSC DVD, then I will tell you how to set up Tmpgenc to encode your AVI file to Mpeg2/DVD without stretching the Image....

Cheers

5. OCDgamer

OCDgamer Member

I think I figured it out, Thanks for your help.

6. OCDgamer

OCDgamer Member

Crap, I have everything figured out except the fact that it converted it into 2 files. How do I combine them? I looked in the forums but I din't know if that is considered joining.

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

When you said 2 Files do you mean a audio and a Video file??
    If so you do not have to combine them, the DVD authoring program will do that...Most good DVD authoring Programs prefer seperate audio and Video files because the DVD specifications call for a specific Mux rate....

So "Tmpgenc DVD author" or "DVDLab" will let you Load the 2 files and it will create the DVD out of the 2 Files....

Tmpgenc the encoder will only create seperate audio and Video files if you choose LPCM as the Audio format which you should not do...You should change the audio format to Mpeg1 Layer 2 because LPCM audio takes up huge ammounts of Disk space which is a Waste of DVD disk space that would be better used for Video..

Cheers

8. OCDgamer

OCDgamer Member

Thanks again man. You've helped a bunch.