AfterDawn: Tech news

Microsoft offering 100GB of free OneDrive cloud storage for two years, no strings attached

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 19 Feb 2015 8:32 User comments (9)

Microsoft offering 100GB of free OneDrive cloud storage for two years, no strings attached Microsoft is offering 100GB of free OneDrive storage to all Bing Rewards members with valid Microsoft email addresses.
The software giant offers 15GB of free storage just to start, similar to, if not more than services like Google, Amazon, Apple and Dropbox. OneDrive is built-in to Windows 8 and promises to automatically sync all your files without any hassle.

In an effort to get more consumers to try out OneDrive over rivals, Microsoft is offering 100GB of free storage for the next two years, as long as you sign up for Bing Rewards.

Whether or not you care to use OneDrive or not, the offer is hard to beat. 100GB free with no strings.

Head here to claim your free storage: Bing Rewards Dashboard. If you aren't a Bing Rewards member, it takes one click to do so once you are logged in.

Previous Next  

9 user comments

120.2.2015 03:50

No strings? really? So the fact that you have to sign up to Bing rewards and it's only for 2 years, isn't seen as a string? come on!!!!!!!!

220.2.2015 05:33

Bing Rewards isn't available yet in your country or region.

320.2.2015 16:42

No ty!

420.2.2015 18:47

GOT IT!

100GB for 2 years.........though I'll never use that amount and hopefully MS will do what they often do.........leave people (early adopters) with that 100GB forever.

As for "no strings".....well that would be "no strings" based on the info disclosed at the beginning so quit nitpicking!

As for signing up for Bing, I did, then immediately unsubscribed.

I say, learn German and 'kwicherbichin'

520.2.2015 20:14

Originally posted by dEwMe:
No ty!
I agree. No thanks.

622.2.2015 01:19

When you store files in the cloud, these are accessible to legal snooping, without any process. Cloud computing was an alternative to high hard drive prices, way back when a 40GB was over $ 200.00-when hard drive prices fell, storing files online was no longer a value. For my part, after reading the "terms", it is not worth the intrusion. The only use I have for MS IE 11 is Hotmail. Everything else is TOR, and Duck Duck Go

723.2.2015 23:47

Originally posted by dp70:
When you store files in the cloud, these are accessible to legal snooping, without any process. Cloud computing was an alternative to high hard drive prices, way back when a 40GB was over $ 200.00-when hard drive prices fell, storing files online was no longer a value. For my part, after reading the "terms", it is not worth the intrusion. The only use I have for MS IE 11 is Hotmail. Everything else is TOR, and Duck Duck Go

Agreed!

Then I started using Truecrypt and created a couple 2GB container files and they shut down so I created a .VHD in Windows Disk Mgmt. at 2GB each, One for my MS OneDrive account and one for my Dropbox account. Then attached those .VHD files and then mounted, assigned drive letters and encrypted with Bitlocker. Now I store those on my syncable folders and those are where I store my resumes, screengrabs of all my paid receipt confirmations when paying bills online, etc.

PERFECT!!!!!

As I have heard, the only thing keeping Dropbox employees from prying though your stuff freely is a clause in their files they signed when hired.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 23 Feb 2015 @ 11:48

825.2.2015 12:06

With all of the various incentives, I now have 240gb of free storage for at least a year, if not more.

The original SkyDrive incentives are still on my account, so this may not be as "limited" as some think!

926.2.2015 05:47

Brilliant!- Me and my customers all use it and I still have over 250gb free from skydrive. I don't see any strings.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive