AfterDawn: Tech news

Video: 'Need For Speed' is making a comeback later this year

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 21 May 2015 1:45 User comments (2)

Video: 'Need For Speed' is making a comeback later this year

EA has published a teaser trailer for this year's reboot of the popular Need For Speed racing series.
The game will be called 'Need for Speed' taking the series back to its basics after years of sequels and spin-offs.

"Need for Speed returns in Fall 2015 to PS4, Xbox One and PC in an action driving experience that unites the culture of speed. The new NFS game will feature deep customization, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game,"
reads the bio for the trailer.

Check it out here:

Previous Next  

2 user comments

122.5.2015 00:59

THIS DAMN WELL BETTER BE GOOD!!!

I love the NFS franchise but, BUT, they have pumped out so much shit in the past since NFS Most Wanted back in the day that I'm seriously hesitant to buying this.

I bought the reboot of NFS MW Criterion and it's unplayably CRAPPY ASSED! I'm still pissed at myself for popping the 25 bucks for that garbage.

"Deep customization" sounds nice and the graphics are pimp plus it sounds like police are around chasing. Maybe even a little Fast/Furious(ish) it seems.

We'll see EA if you can do something right with this series 'cause GOD knows you've run C.O.D. into the ground with its worthless subtle differences between game releases.

227.5.2015 16:13

Trailers always look nice, I want to see actual gameplay. Otherwise this is just another crap NFS game. This series has not been good since 4-5+ years ago

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
7 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive