1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RADEON 9200 256mb

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bashy, Aug 1, 2004.

1. bashy

bashy Member

Hi Peeps

I have aproblem with my graphics card!
    It will not enable any of the AGP settings in the Smartgart section of the display properties!

I have enable AGP x8 in the BIOS still no joy.
    As soon as i set it to AGP 4 or 8 it restarts the computer and puts it back to off! :(

PLease please help ASAP

Regards

Bashy

2. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

you might need a better cooling system [a new and more powerful fan perhaps :)]! Or you might need to dust your fan clean as when the fan gats dirty, the CPU tends to restart (it happened on my old PC also)

3. bashy

bashy Member

Hi

My machine is all brand new (built myself)
    I have 3 case fans, i would have thought that would be adequate cooling! My graphics is running at an average of 45 degrees celcius, case is at an average of 43 celcius and the CPU is at an average 49 to 55 celcius, depends on what the comp is doing, it goes up to 55 when im converting say an AVI to DVD format!

Regards

Bashy

4. bashy

bashy Member

Forgot to mention, when i said the comp restarts, thats the graphics card software that restarts the comp, it does that to see if the AGP configuration is stable, if its not it will turn off the AGP X whatever! I have never been able to turn on the AGP accelerator since i have built the machine :(

Bashy

5. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

hmmm, i dont what your problem is then. Sorry I cant help you any further :(

6. bashy

bashy Member

Hi

Ok thanks, Does anyone else have any ideas please, mew is stumped! :(

Regards

Bashy

7. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Whoa.... lemme get this straight... you're in the BIOS, and u change the setting to AGP and it restarts itself?! (i hope you meant you restart). Could it be a failing CMOS battery? :)

8. bashy

bashy Member

Hi

No No No....

Im on about in the advanced display properties. When i change it to AGP x4 or x8 it asks me to restart the comp so that it can see if the settings are stable, if not then it will set it'self to the most stable settings (which is OFF) :(

Regards

Bashy

9. bashy

bashy Member

Perhaps i should have been more specific, it is already enabled in the BIOS AGP X8....But when i try to change it in the Advanced Display Properties (NetGart Tab) thats when it asks me to restart the comp, it the restarts but the AGP its set to off when i go to check it again!

Regards

Bashy

10. Praetor

Any luck if you run it at AGP4X (in BIOS)... could it just be that the card is fukt?

11. bashy

bashy Member

Hi

Not tried that yet, i will let you know!

Bashy

12. 4W4K3

4W4K3 Guest

could you give me a link to your exact card? if i can see the cards and the specs of it that might be a lil' light on your problem. it sounds like the card doesnt support 8X AGP, but since its a 256mb card i would hope it does lol. you do have the latest drivers for your mobo and your GPU correct? sometimes if you update one and not the other they conflict. also maybe your BIOS is corrupt? not likely but some BIOS have issues with AGP speeds and SATA raid and junk like that, might look into updatingthat if nothing else works.

13. bashy

bashy Member

Hi

Here is the link for the card http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9200/radeon9200/

Yes it's def is AGP x8

I have only updated the graphics drivers, but as you mentioned raid, i have got problems with that as well. I am only using the raid car for extra IDE but its showing as an exclamation mark in device manager but the card and drives are working so i aint too fussed about that!

Call me thick :( but what are/is GPU (graphics card) ?

Any way as for the mobo drivers/update :( i cant find anywhere on the net to find them, my cruddy mobo is a Mercury KT400A so if anyone knows where i can find any updates for it please share them??? :)

Regards

Bashy

14. bashy

bashy Member

Hi

I have just changed the setting in the BIOS to AGP x4 and restarted the comp, AGP x8 is no longer an option in the Smartgart software in Advanced Properties, it only goes to x4. I tried to set it to x4 and it restarts the comp to test for stability and low and behold once it restarted all settings are back to OFF again :( i am at a dead end..:(

Regards

Bashy

15. bashy

bashy Member

HI GUYS!!!

ALL SORTED, I INSTALLED THE DRIVERS FOR THE MOTHERBOARD!!!! WAHOOO!

Thanks for all ya imput!

Regards

Bashy

16. Praetor

Thats the thing you plug your monitor into and provides a way to display visual output from your computer to you

Glad you got it working! :D

17. Smokey63

Smokey63 Member

Hi there:
    You might want to go to ATI.com and get the newest drivers.. try that out and let me know what happends..
    If you can tell me what kind of board you have that would help as well..and is you video card a Radeon 9200??