AfterDawn: Tech news

Google discontinues Nexus 6 sales

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 08 Dec 2015 8:49 User comments (4)

Google discontinues Nexus 6 sales Just a few weeks after the release of the Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X, Google has discontinued sales of last year's Nexus 6.
Other retailers are still offering the device, at a discounted price normally starting at $350, but it remains to be seen if Google still has inventory or if what is out there is all that's left.

Despite great reviews when it launched last year, Google has stepped away from the gigantic 6-inch screen and its newest flagship has a 5.7-inch screen and upgraded specs making the Nexus 6 irrelevant.

Source:
Google

Previous Next  

4 user comments

19.12.2015 13:44

What a jip for the people that bought this!

Android man......it sucks! Insecure, brutally bogged down and over the course of a few months, it slows to a crawl.

Additionally, Android out-dates itself so often that it's not even worth buying into to begin with.

29.12.2015 22:37

Originally posted by hearme0:

Android man......it sucks! Insecure, brutally bogged down and over the course of a few months, it slows to a crawl.

Additionally, Android out-dates itself so often that it's not even worth buying into to begin with.
Yes, how I wish things would never update or improve.
Once I buy a phone - technology should just stop advancing please.

310.12.2015 11:18

Originally posted by matthuisman:
Originally posted by hearme0:

Yes, how I wish things would never update or improve.
Once I buy a phone - technology should just stop advancing please.
LOL

...and I'm STILL quite satisfied with my S5 Active. And NO, it STILL hasn't bogged down. Hearme, quit blaming the OS; Is it Microsoft's fault that so many users install spyware-laden garbage that slows down their PC's? Users of technology have a responsibility to have at least a working knowledge of their devices. No tech is idiot-proof.

410.12.2015 22:02

And if you root your phone, you're not stuck with the manufacturer's choice of Android version, as well.

Hearme0, how is this a "jip" for anyone at all? They didn't say they will discontinue support. They're just not going to sell the older version any more. Seen any new iPhone 3s for sale lately..? No, you have not. Any new 19" CRT-screen televisions? Nope. Maybe a Chevy Corvair? Not a chance!

Deal with it and move on, or get left behind.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
2 user comments
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive