1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying from SKY+ (/VHS) to PC (possibly via Sony DCR-TRV265E)

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by cmarkr, Aug 3, 2004.

1. cmarkr

cmarkr Member

I think the subject probably covers my problem, however the details are:

I have footage held on my SKY+ box (similar to 'TiVo' for those not familiar) and some on VHS. I wish to include this footage in a DVD alongside digital footage I have captured using a Sony DCR-TRV265E digital camcorder. The problem I have is that I do not know how to get the SKY+ footage from SKY+ to PC. My camcorder only has DVin and SKY+ does not have DVout.

Any help will be appreciated :)

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Your Camcorder Should have Analogue Inputs Like RCA inputs for audio and at least a S-Video input for Video that is if it can convert Analogue to Digital....

How do you transfer VHS to your camcorder without any Analogue inputs on your camcorder?? I have never heard of a regular VCR with DV firewire Outputs and if it did have them then you wouldn"t need your Camcorder cuz only Digital Material can be Transfered through a Firewire Port...

If your Camcorder does Not have any Analogue Inputs then you will not be able to Transfer Video from your Sky+ or VCR to your PC through the Camcorder which means you will have to get at least a cheapo $50 Analogue capture Device.....

Cheers