AfterDawn: Tech news

Rumor has it that Apple has cancelled iPhone's dual camera

Written by Matti Robinson @ 18 Jun 2016 6:05 User comments (6)

Rumor has it that Apple has cancelled iPhone's dual camera

The next iPhone will be a major upgrade to current iPhone 6s. This biyearly full upgrade cycle provides us with a bigger upgrade every two years. But how will Apple update its number one product, sales of which has started declining.
The rumors have had for the past few months that Apple will introduce its first dual camera smartphone. After months of speculation it was widely recognized that it's more likely that only the bigger and better Plus version of iPhone 7 will have the double lens.

Now rumors from a Foxconn employee suggest that plans might have changed. According to the subcontractors claims Apple has decided to back down from having a dual camera at all, a plan that it once did indeed have.

This, like other rumors, should be taken with a grain of salt. It remains to be seen if the feature some Android phones already have is there or whether Apple's big new feature is something completely different.

Previous Next  

6 user comments

119.6.2016 00:14

Apple should concentrate on fixing the massive bending issue with this P.O.S. phone first!

Work force-fed a 6 to me and the first one bent in the exact same spot as all other Iphones out there...right next to the 2 little buttons for volume. 2nd one did the same thing and it remained in an Otterbox defender too. All the drops and falls eventually causes it to bend. Piece of crap!

Dual cameras is the least of their concerns.

219.6.2016 10:43

I have an otterbox defender on mine as well, and do not have any issues with the phone. I agree, without a good protection, the phone might be susceptible to damage, with the otterbox, I've dropped in on concrete without issue.

320.6.2016 15:21

They should do something truly unique.

Put a curved edge on the screen

j/k

420.6.2016 22:07

Originally posted by chubbyInc:
They should do something truly unique.
Something unique? How about just something new instead of rehashing the same product over and ovet and over. And they wonder why sales are declining....

521.6.2016 09:09

Even if phones performed oral sex on their users, people would find something to bitch about the feature.

623.6.2016 23:47

Originally posted by hearme0:
Apple should concentrate on fixing the massive bending issue with this P.O.S. phone first!

Work force-fed a 6 to me and the first one bent in the exact same spot as all other Iphones out there...right next to the 2 little buttons for volume. 2nd one did the same thing and it remained in an Otterbox defender too. All the drops and falls eventually causes it to bend. Piece of crap!

Dual cameras is the least of their concerns.
I have a iPhone 6+ with a Otterbox case and I have dropped it on concrete, asphalt, hardwood floor, tile, and my phone works great with no problems. Of course the fall was only from when I took it out my pocket or slipped out my pocket.

Perhaps you are dropping it from a 2nd floor building, because with an Otterbox case you shouldn't have bent your phone, just like the other person pointed out their phone has the same brand case and has no issues.

Originally posted by xnonsuchx:

Even if phones performed oral sex on their users, people would find something to bitch about the feature.
You're right, people complain about iPhone so much because they just don't know how to work with them. Once you jailbreak your iPhone, then you are set. I have had a iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, and iPhone 6+ and I have jailbroken all of them with no issues and I have done it for friends or family members and I can do way more on my iPhone than on a Android from all the perks that jailbreak offers.

The only 2 things I wish iPhone had that Android phones have are infrared remote option and mirror onto a screen without the need for a HDMI cable.

If the day comes that there are no more iPhone jailbreaks available, then that will be the day I switch over to an Android.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
7 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive