1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aladdin Live Won't flash!!!!Help Me

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by chunt999, Aug 7, 2004.

1. chunt999

chunt999 Guest

i have an xbox v1.3 and the aladdin live with cromwell 2.30 bios......when i hold the power button for 5 seconds to turn the chip, the cd tray ejects and says insert cd then press a, and i do this (with x2 4983.06 BIOS.BIN on a cd-rw) and it says "Loading linuxboot.cfg from cdrom..." and then it hangs there and does nothing else.............can someone please help me with this issue, i've tried multiple bios and xiso'd and different cd media and almost everything else.....this chip was free and did not come with the programmer........PLEAZE HELP

2. davepyne

davepyne Member

I had the same problem. This is how I solved it. Your bios is a linux bios, and to flash it with a better one (like the xecutor2 4983 which can handle my 250 GB HD), you need to use this linux flashing software: "OzXFlash v1.2". It can be found here:

http://www.ozxchip.com/downloads_content.htm

You will burn this iso onto a cdrw, and also burn the bios you want onto another seperate cdrw, renaming the bios file to "bios.bin". Insert the Ozxflash cd. It will start a linux penguin program thingy which will flash your bios. At the prompt when the dvd tray opens, insert the bios cd. Follow all directions on the screen. Its all automatic after this point. All you'll need to do is remove the bios cd when it tells you to and you're all done.

3. TerryKwok

TerryKwok Member

hey guys, it since that holding 3 or 5 sconds< is nothing different. they both comes ot with a red X. Wut should i do if i want to flash x2 bios and use evox as dashboard.

4. davepyne

davepyne Member

I don't think that anyone understands what you're trying to say, Terry.

5. glytch

glytch Member

I was able to get the bios on my aladdin live to flash, and I flashed it with EvoX M7, which I've heard will work, but now it just goes to the xbox's default dashboard. And if I try to hold in the power button to activate the chip it doesn't do anything... oh, and I don't have the programmer either... any ideas?