1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

°ºCustom Gameboot Request/Share Thread

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by XEnigmaX, Jul 11, 2007.

1. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

So what's this thread for exactly?
    -This thread is here so those without the knowledge or experience to create their own gameboots can receive them from others.

What's a custom gameboot?
    -A custom gameboot is a file that can be used as either the movie played when the PSP is turned on or the movie played right after a game is started.

What are the requirements for a custom gameboot?
    -If you want a PSP startup movie, you must have either custom firmware 3.30oe-A' or custom firmware 3.40oe-A. Intro movies for games may be applied to an EBOOT.PBP file and will work on things such as Popstation games.

Once I have a custom gameboot, how do I put it as an intro movie on my PSP?
    -Download the application HERE. Extract the folder and copy the PSP folder into the root of your PSP's memory stick. It will ask if you would like to overwrite; click on yes (it won't overwrite anything unless you already have the application installed.) After putting that on your PSP, reload your PSP and open recovery mode (hold R while the PSP is turning on). Click on configuration and enable both Skip SCE logo and Autorun program at /PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP. Exit recovery mode and then turn off your PSP. The next time you start it up, your intro movie should play in the place of Sony's default one.

How do I change the intro movie?
    -First you must obtain a different intro.pmf file; which is what this request thread is for. After you are given a new intro.pmf, place it inside of your PSP's memory stick at PSP->SYSTEM->INTRO->intro.pmf, pasting over the old one if necessary.

------------

(If you would like information on how to create your own PMF file, check out http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=2941385
    , it's where I got most of my information.)

------------

Okay, feel free to post your own intro.pmf file (you'll most likely have to host it somewhere other than Afterdawn) or ask someone to make a .pmf file for you by describing what you would like it to be.

Happy posting!

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

The best gameboot ever would be the part of Spiderman 3 where venom is first transformed and he like eats the screen. That would be sweet.

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Wow, nobody?