1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

001 002 003 etc

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by unjust, Oct 31, 2004.

1. unjust

unjust Member

hi

i gave a game that is in 3 parts i extracted with winzip to get 001 002 003 file upto part 067
    and a sfv file..
    normall they extract into an iso or similar but
    these cannot be extracted past the 001 002 003 etc files
    i have winzip winrar and winace
    is there something im missing to get to an iso or image file?

any help is apreciated

ps i looked through forums but only found that they should extract to an iso or image file....but these ones i have wont do that..

thanks

2. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

when you say they can`t be extracted past 001 002 003, is there an error message with winrar?

3. unjust

unjust Member

no....no error ...just wen u right click to extract
    it dosnt give the option to unrar/zip etc
    with others i have done b4 i right click and select extract here and it extracts an iso etc... but this choice is not available and i dunno why

4. MrNightly

MrNightly Member

I'm having this exact problem as well. Does anybody know how to burn these onto a CD?

I have 4 different CD's i need to burn, yet can't find a program that will handle it.

Let me know what ya turn up.

The Knight

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

try doing it manualy in win rar, load up win rar then browse to the folder were the 001>067 files are, hold down the control key on your keyboard and click each file numbered 001>067 then click the extract button

6. camstuf

camstuf Guest

source: http://gunit.punked.us/home.php
    Extracting RAR files:
    1. You are gonna need a tool called WinRAR.
    Download it at http://www.rarsoft.com/rar/wrar320.exe
    2. OK, you open the .rar file or open any one of the rar files, then you extract it. Rar files vary in format, they can be .rar, .r01, .r02, .001, .002, and etc... -- What I do is usually extract the .rar file and if it doesn't exist, I open the last highest number rar file and extract that.
    3. This should extract 2 files for you. A .bin and .cue file. Once, you have your .bin and .cue file, you should delete those rar files now to free up some space.
    4. You basically burn from there because bin and cue files are image & cuesheet files thats packed up and ready for burning.
    5. Open up Nero's Burning ROM, and goto the option called Burn Image. If you are using a lower version of Nero, it should be under File.
    6. Just burn it and watch it. Note: Some DVD Players dont play burned CD's. Go check if your DVD played is listed at: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php NOTE: These instructions applies to VCD/SVCD/PC_GAMES/XXX

What are NFO and SFV files?
    NFO files are release group notes, you generally open these up with notepad and you read it to find serial numbers as well. So it's sometimes important not to delete these. SFV files are just file checking files for CRC checking, meaning if you have a checking program, you can double check on file completion or check if the file is corrupt.

How to watch the VCD/SVCD movies on your computer?
    Once you have extracted the rar files to .bin and .cue, you can use a program called VCDGEAR or ISOBuster to open up the .bin file and have it ready for extraction.

VCDGEAR: http://www.vcdgear.com/files/vcdgear355.zip
    ISOBuster: It is on the server to download.

NOTE: On VCDGear, when you convert .bin to .mpg, you have to make sure you add .mpg at the end of the filename because it will just convert to file to THE_NAME without an extension so windows will be all confused.

How to Play SVCD or M2V files on your computer?
    OK, SVCD and M2V files are a higher encoded video format which uses MPEG2. Windows Media Player does not come equipped with the correct codecs to play these formats. So what do you need to do? Well, You need to donwload a program called POWERDVD, it will install the MPEG2 codecs on your computer and then you will be able to watch the files on your computer. PowerDVD Trial: http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/download/dl_file_new.jsp?dl_id=1&ProdId=28
    or YOU CAN DOWNLOAD A FULLY REGISTERED COPY OFF THE SERVER!

NOTE: These instructions applies to VCD/SVCD/MUSIC_VIDEOS/XXX

Do you need further help on VCD/SVCD stuff?
    Go visit, http://www.vcdhelp.com

Burning PC Games...

It's very important that you READ the NFO file. Most big Games require you to install then replace the .exe file with a cracked version located on the disc. But I'm not going to get deep into the subject, READ THE fusking NFO FILE!

7. unjust

unjust Member

thanks devilhunt that worked :)

it gave me a gi file

is the best prog to burn a global image file
    recordmax now or is there a better prog?

many thanks

unjust

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  9. unjust

unjust Member

i may have been a bit presumtuious on my last post :(

i have now got 4 files as follows

dnl-reop (11).gi 1.99gb
    dnl-reop (12).gi 1.99gb
    dnl-reop (13).gi 385mb
    dnl-reop .gi 1.44mb

do i do anything else to these files or just burn them?

10. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

make sure all the files are in the same folder and just select the one without the number and as it burns the image it will reassemble all the pieces automaticly

11. MrNightly

MrNightly Member

Ok here's where i have gotten to. I used WinRar to extract the 001 to whatever, got an AVG and CUE file.

Now when i try to burn them (4 CD's Total, each with their own AVG and CUE file) my program can't handle it. The first 2 AVG Files are both over 800,000 KB. Is there something i'm doing incorrect to get these to fit on a CD? or am I even doing it correct? I can't use Alcohol 120 anymore cause my free trial version has expired, even tho i deleted it, and reinstalled it, it won't let me. I was using another program but it failed.

My exact File names are:
    ims-spta AVG.Update 818,338KB
    ims-sptb AVG.Update 800,082KB
    ims-sptc AVG.Update 776.383KB
    ims-sptd AVG.Update 304,162KB

Thanks for your help.

12. unjust

unjust Member

THANKS DEVILHUNT THAT WORKED

13. unjust

unjust Member

thanks devilhunt for excellent guidance
    the file has now burnt and is playin on me ps2

once again thank you

oh and sorry for postin a dvd question in a cd forum
    :(

14. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

unjust glad you got it sorted

mrnightly i have never heard of the file extension .avg so can offer you no advice

15. cheeeese

cheeeese Member

i cant make an iso either with the 001 files. When i extract 001 it just opens up a text with a bunch of symbols and when i tried to extract all of them manually it didnt work either. is there something im missing?