1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0078FK help needed

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cigardude, Oct 2, 2007.

1. cigardude

cigardude Member

Hi all! I've downloaded the guides and everything and they are great. Windows sees the drive but it is coming up as "GCR-8481B" and the toolbox 4.0 will not flash it because it is not a "GDR-3120L". Is there anything that I can do to get around this? I was really looking forward to flashing the firmware. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i just looked it up and you must have a lg burner in your computer, that is why it is not working, your 78fk is not actually in mode b. if you have a compatible chipset, just download slax 2.1 and get it into mode b. also you will no if your in mode b by your dvd rom drive will not stay shut, it will always open, the only way to keep it closed is to hit the eject button 3 times in a row. and also when flashing always have a dvd movie or original game in drive during the whole process.

3. cigardude

cigardude Member

Yes it is an LG burner. I will do what you said and let you know. Thanks for the info!

4. cigardude

cigardude Member

Thank you so much for your help! I tried it on another computer and it worked like a charm.