1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

01-12.bmp white background??? 3.40oe

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by cduval04, Apr 30, 2007.

1. cduval04

cduval04 Member

hi I am running 3.40oe and am trying to use a pre-made background it is 480x272 and I was told I need to resize it to 470x260 i did this and it is still white. it is named 01-12.bmp and it is 470x260...do I have the wrong dimensions??? someone please help!! I want custom backgrounds!

2. cduval04

cduval04 Member

nvm I got it to work!! it looks awesome!

3. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

could u explain how for my sake

4. cmoney91

cmoney91 Regular member

yes how did u get it to work?

5. cduval04

cduval04 Member

you have to make sure the image is named 01-12.bmp then right click the image and select properties and select the summary tab, the image should be 24 bit and 470 by 260 pixels...if it is not ...open up paint...go to file open, browse for the image...once you have the image up in paint, select the image button on the toolbar, then select attributes, type 470 in the width box and 260 in the height box, be sure "pixels" and not inches is selected,

once you image is resized, save it and close (save as if you wish to keep the original image) and right click properties again to be sure it is 470 by 260...then place it in your flash0:/vsh/resource folder, be sure it is the first file in the file list.

start up your psp, if the background is still white go to settings, theme settings, select theme and select the first white box, if it is still white select it again, because it toggles on and off each time you select the white box, and there you go, theres your custom background! hope this helps...post back and let me know if it does or if my explanation was trash lol.

6. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

this is a nice little tut. i like it. cheerz mate.

7. kazin

kazin Member

What exactly does this do? Give you a white background...?