1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0190 critical low battery error

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 75aces, Aug 26, 2010.

1. 75aces

75aces Regular member

I'm having issues with my lenovo z61m booting with ac adapter only. Both ac and battery were working fine a few days ago and now the ac plug light doesn't turn on and won't charge the battery. With battery removed, when booting I got the 0190 critical low battery error. I hope it's not a bad motherboard. Thanks.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

a customer's son had a battery go in his lenovo so had it replaced. he confirmed it was the battery when he used his brother's lenovo's battery & it worked. see if can do the same.

3. 75aces

75aces Regular member

I just replaced the battery and ran the battery gauge tester software. Test came back good. For some reason, the laptop stopped charging the battery. The battery is original Lenovo 9 cell @ 10.8v.

4. 75aces

75aces Regular member

At this point, I've tried 2 other ac adapters. I've been told by the technician that the motherboard is done. Some how when I got the replacement battery it just shorted out. I guess I'm just going to sell it instead of trying to fix it as my technical skills are at best amature.

5. ddp

that sounds like how i got my present sony viao laptop. customer did in their laptop hd by dropping the laptop numerous times that it even broke the left side hinge pin. got them a price for a new hd but they got their nephew's laptop that supposedly has a bad motherboard to use it's hd. put that drive in their laptop, loaded windows, got paid for my time & kept the nephew's laptop to use as parts if needed. was looking at it & noticed the power connector was missing some plastic around the pins. opened up the laptop & saw that the connector was attached to the motherboard by a cable. replaced the connector with a standard type & powered up the laptop using my old laptop power adapter. got myself a p4 dual core 1.86ghz with 17" screen & all it cost me was $50 for a hd & my time. maybe the connector in yours is on a cable then maybe not but can't hurt to see.

6. 75aces

75aces Regular member

thanks for the info.

7. ddp

no problem.

8. 75aces

75aces Regular member

@ddp just out of curiosity, when you changed your ac connector on the board, did you get an error when you started the system? I ran the battery gauge software again today and I got the error message that the ac plug wasn't present. I'm now thinking that its the same issue you mentioned earlier. Thanks again....just wondering if it would be worth having a shop repair it or just selling it as scrap.

9. ddp

no error but mine is a sony viao so it will act differently. is that error in windows or before windows because if before then check for possible bios update?

10. 75aces

75aces Regular member

Can anyone recommend if it's worth going through the trouble of finding and replacing the motherboard? Any reliable vendors that sells tested parts. Thanks

11. ddp

can check with ebay as i've got a few parts for computers there.

12. 75aces

75aces Regular member

If anyone is interested in purchasing my laptop, just post a reply. As far as I know the charge port is shot. Other than that, everything else is working. I won't include the hard drive. It has 1gb ram, wifi, 15.4 widescreen, titanium cover. All stock except for memory. Also has 9 cell battery. When last checked, battery gauge tested @ 96%. Thank you.