1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1/0 errors

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by azntouch, Jan 22, 2005.

1. azntouch

azntouch Member

hey i just got new 16x burner wat is i/o error it just happened is that hardware or software problem,
    plzz help , WEll sometimes it says that when i try to open or analyze dvdsand when i tap on it it works but then later i get the i/o error again

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There we go azntouch was that so hard :)

Ok ushually this is a media problem. Is this happening with all of your movies or only a few?
    What program R U using to rip/ re-author your movie?
    Have you tried to upgrade your Firmware for your new drive? You can go to the manufacturers web site and get the newest firmware.

3. azntouch

azntouch Member

hey it was pretty ez lol, but i guarantee its not a media problem like when i analyze/open a dvd using dvd shrink it freezes and says i/o error and all i realy want to know is if if my hardware is bad, but it does burn, to solve that i/o error i hit my buner sofly and it worked but the error came back and i updated firmware and everything

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

I had already answered this question ( same as your answer...media issue) several hours ago but I still see azntouch asking this same thing in other forums.
    I wonder why I bother.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Again is this happening with all your originals?

Could just be your lens is dirty on the DVD writer. Just run a lens cleaning disk threw your DVD writer and see if this solves your problem. This is of course assuming that you are having the problem with more than 1 or 2 disk's. I wouldnt recommend you keep banging on your drive.

6. azntouch

azntouch Member

well its brand new i just bought it so....iono wat it could be