1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1/2 sec delay when playing PS2 games?!?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PantherX, May 13, 2007.

1. PantherX

PantherX Regular member

not quite sure what kind of question this is (PS2/HDTV) but ill give it a shot since they'er both in the catigory. i just bought a new 19" insignia flat screen tv with a panasonic vcr/dvd player. when i watch movie and shows its fine but when i play my ps2 video games i can tell that theres a 1/2 sec delay between the time that i push the button and the action is exicuted on the screen. my old analog tv never had this problem and i dont see why my new tv is doing this. what can i do to end the lag between my ps2 and new tv????

2. PantherX

PantherX Regular member

anybody have this prob??

3. steimy

steimy Active member

what type of cables did you hook the PS2 up with. If you have a good HDTV then you should go out and get the component cables to replace the composite cables that the PS2 comes with. Not only will they work better, but you will get a better picture quality as well.

It could be something to do with how your TV works. Some try to convert the analog signal (upscale) and that may be where the lag is. Or just the transition between the analog signal and digital TV.