1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.5TB USB HDD on JTAG

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mkil5, Dec 6, 2011.

1. mkil5

mkil5 Member

I am trying to get my JTAG to recognize my new HDD. I have just been using a 16GB USB stick, but I decided to upgrade to a 1.5TB USB HDD. I have tried to format to FAT32 in MiniTool Partition Wizard, but I cannot get it to recognize in the Xbox. I read somewhere that FAT32 limit is 32GB per partition, but is there a way around this to get the whole 1.5TB usable on my Xbox?

Please help me out, I have looked and looked.

Edit: I saw where it is the Windows format tool that has the 32GB FAT32 limit, but I have had Windows recognize the whole 1.5TB as FAT32, but the Xbox won't still.

Edit 2: Now I am completely thrown off. My PS3 recognizes it with Multiman, and it only recognizes FAT32 drives, so I have done it right. Now it appears to be an issue of the Xbox not recognizing it. It is not recognized in FSD or XEXMenu.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

3. mkil5

mkil5 Member

That didn't do it. For some reason all of the sudden it worked. I think it was where I went into the MS dash and set formatted it there, then unformatted it. I have no idea why that would work and the other methods didn't. Maybe its not totally as plug-and-play as I thought.