1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.9b wiikey update and 1.3 disk config IMG burn Problems need help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by culius, Sep 27, 2007.

1. culius

culius Regular member

hi all
    i download the update 1.9b wiikey and 1.3disk config img. from wiikey web site yesterday . Try to burn in to dvd-r disk but stil dont know how ?!!on the update they have 1.9b us.iso ,1.9b pal.iso and 1.9b ie .iso , each of them about 40mb . so how can i can make it to 1.5g gc to write DVD-r , i try to drag it to FIX SIZE file like some one said but it does't work , still see it about 40mb . Please help and explain how to do step by step . thank's

2. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

I need help.

I extracted the pal one since I have a PAL wii. I burned the image on a DVD-R with x2 speed in Nero (exactly like I usually do with stuff). When I inserted the DVD into my Wii it just said that the disc couldn't be read. What have I done wrong here?

Also, when I burn the config disc I should only burn the iso right? There's also a filechop.exe and a fixsize.cmd which I dunno what's for..

Please answer me asap as this is really pissing me off

3. culius

culius Regular member

me too , that realy pissing my off too. I has no broblem to burn the config disk 1.2 universal (old ver.) but this one i got no idear how to do. S.O.S Please some one?

4. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

Yeah I didnt have no problem with the old one either.. Does it also just say that it can't read the disc when you try?

5. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

culius, you don't need to fix the size. Just burn the iso for your region of console (us, pal, etc) and then put it in the wii. Not that complicated.

6. culius

culius Regular member

yes is it , also we need to write to the disk 1.5gb like gc in order to make it work . But my still read only 40Mb . What ever i did to it
    i read on another site alot of peoples have the same problem , so i thinking wiikey update is realy..realy..worked , we loss on support from wiikey.cn

7. slibs

slibs Regular member

hmmm for me i just double clicked the batch file according to my region and it automatically makes an GC ISO file, burnt it then updated, no probs

8. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

I just tried again with a DVD+R and it still didn't work. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong here.

Extracted the pal iso>opened nero>chose to burn an image>selected the new update iso and chose to burn it as a DVD>inserted the DVD>opened the game channel>disc not able to read>me asking WHAT THE *bleep*?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  9. kevin32

kevin32 Member

Hey guys i burn the 1.9b iso with imgburn onto a dvd disc. After everyhing runnin fine, but at the end when it say "Please insert Coin" however my A button on my gamecube controler didnt work. So i just click reset and it reset the console.....So my question is do you guys thinking that my wiikey was succesfully updated or not?

Please let me know..

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

felixen21 - keep the foul language off the forums in future.

11. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

did you not put the pound in the memory card slot???

tut tut how ungrateful of you after all the work wiikey did and you did not even leave them a tip :)

only kidding - when it says that - it means its done it ok :))

12. Xb0xGuru

Xb0xGuru Member

It's really not that hard.

1. Download the 1.9b update and 1.3 config files from wiikey.cn
    2. Extract into separate folders.
    3. Copy filechop.exe from the 1.3 config extraction into the 1.9b update folder.
    4. Go to your command prompt and navigate to the 1.9b folder.
    5. run filechop.exe wkupdate.1.9b.xx.iso 1459978240 (where xx is either PAL, JAP or US.
    6. do the same with the 1.3 config file - filechop.exe bootdisc.xx.iso 1459978240.
    7. Burn image(s) onto DVD-R.

That's all there is too it - honest.

13. kevin32

kevin32 Member

Thanks for the help buddy I was afraid my wiikey would screw up in the future of something....Thanks again..

14. crazybuzz

crazybuzz Guest

Hi guys. I have figured it out.
    All you people saying this is simple, I disagree. When you say things like "navigate to the 1.9b folder, people do not no what you are saying. These are reasons they do not understand.

This is what I did.

1. Download from wiikey.cn the files 'update1.9b' and 'config.1.3'
    2. extract these files.
    3. open the folder 'config.1.3' and copy the file 'filechop'
    4. Paste 'filechop' into the folder 'update1.9b'
    5. Click on 'start' then 'run'.
    6. click on 'browse' and find the folder 'update1.9b'
    7. double click on 'filechop'
    8. In the open text field, you should see something similar to this.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\update1.9b\filechop.exe"
    9. add this to the end of the text. wkupdate.1.9b.xx.iso 1459978240 (were there is 'xx' put your region. For example. wkupdate.1.9b.PAL.iso 1459978240)
    10. The text in the field should now look something like this.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\update1.9b\filechop.exe" wkupdate.1.9b.PAL.iso 1459978240
    11. Hit 'OK' The size of your iso file should have changed now.

I am not going to proof read this, so if you have any problems. Please just post below.:)

15. Xb0xGuru

Xb0xGuru Member

16. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

thanks for the step by step. It really helped a lot. I'm having a problem using it on the config 1.3 though. It's still just 30-some MB after doing the same thing with that

17. Xb0xGuru

Xb0xGuru Member

1. Make sure you have the filechop.exe in the config 1.3 folder (where you extracted them.
    2. Double-check the filename you're trying to expand is typed in correctly.

18. slibs

slibs Regular member

i just did this then, but you dont even need to filechop it, i just burned it straight and worked... but to be honest i dragged the iso into fixsize but it still remained the same size, so yeh just burn the image onto a dvd disc, theres not much to it

19. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

Hmm, I don't get it. I think I did that. Also, it's 6 MB, not 30.. My bad :)

Anyway, I open run and type in this:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Phlippa\Skrivebord\Gejl\Wii\Wiikey\config 1.3\filechop.exe" bootdisc.pal.iso

After I hit OK it opens the command thing like it did with the update (which I just installed succesfully - thanks again), but when I look at the file it's still only the 6 MB

20. slibs

slibs Regular member

scrap this fixsize stuff, try burning the image file straight, chuck it in then post here on what happened