1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.9G update and Filechop

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by GRIM1, Nov 17, 2007.

1. GRIM1

GRIM1 Member

Hi all,

Got the SMG game and now been reading through the pages of problems, however i have got the new 1.9g beta update and might give it a go...GULP!

but when i come to use Filechop and the 1.9g update it doesnt seem to increase the file sixze to the required 1.9gb or so..

can i please ask, what is the command u use to increase the 1.9g update iso size...i have got the 1.9b to work but have tried all combinations of the dos prompt for 1.9g and no increase.

i am putting this in....

"C:\Documents and Settings\***\My Documents\download stuff\Wiikey 1.9g\filechop.exe" wkupdate.1.9g.PAL.iso 1459978240

(*** are some personal details)

what am i doinf wrong? cos as i said the 1.9B worked with this method.
    thansk for your help.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

i didnt bother padding it out

just burn with nero and it works fine

3. phelixnyc

phelixnyc Regular member

4. GRIM1

GRIM1 Member

got it sorted and burned....just or info i tried burning with nero without using file chop and it ddint work, had to use the filechop way!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  5. bizcuit

bizcuit Member

hi guys,

i sent my PAL wii to get a wiikey installed, it worked beautifully.

until one day my friend popped in SMG in it. the first thing it did was tried to update firmware. there was no cancel option, so i just turned it off. bad move.

now i can't play any of my backup games, but fortunately, the originals are still playing.

i think the wiikey was already on 1.9b because it was 1.9b was already released before i sent it to the shop.

firmware was 3.0E, after the problem, i updated to 3.1E but still no good.

i downloaded 1.9g, burnt it, fixed and chopped the file size but it won't recognize the disk. we used both imgburner and nero, and verbatim dvds. my friend, feeling guilty, has a dozen or more collection of dvd coasters now.

questions i'm hoping you guys can help:
    1. will updating to 1.9g fix my problem?

2. since my wii can't read backup disks now, is that why i can't seem to read dvd with 1.9g in it?

3. how do i update to 1.9g when my wii cant seem to read any other dvds but original dvd games?

4. is there a proper way to burning 1.9g to dvd?

please help...thanks in advance.