1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Click DVD and copy protection

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by dustinl15, Jan 20, 2005.

1. dustinl15

dustinl15 Member

I bought 1 Click DVD and love it, and i use DVD43. but i went to backup the movie The Forgotten and it said it was copy protected.(the new RCE protection) does anyone know of a program that will run with 1 Click to get past that copy protection. i tried AnyDVD but that doesn't work with 1 Click.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

dustinl15,

Since VSO makes both products you should report this to them -

It will be the only proggy it won't work with.

AnyDVD works in the background making everything think that DVD is region free and decrypted. You are quite the man, finding a program it won't work with -

Go getem' tiger . .

3. 222333444

222333444 Member

Instead of attempting the improbable, "getting One Click to work right". Why don't you just have "Any DVD" running in the background and use the program that came with your burner to copy the disk instead.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Nice post !

To the point and correct -

Pete

(I still can't believe someone says it won't work with One click. Un-real, totally, un-real (Lol)

5. khenders

khenders Member

I had the same experience with 1Click DVD and AnyDVD. When trying to copy "The Forgotten," AnyDVD looked like it worked fine, but 1Click DVD couldn't read it. When I tried Shrink, it froze at 18% when it was analyzing the movie.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Try the new AnyDVD.

Released Jan. 23, 05

It should do it no problem :)

Pete

7. killerzip

killerzip Member

Hey scuba I just wanted to thank you personally for the guide that you wrote on how to use dvd decryptor! Your are the man I wouldn't know what I do now without your guide thanks a lot.

8. Sukodin

Sukodin Member

I had a similiar problem with DVD XCopy on "The Forgotten" However I was able to just used DVD Decryptor and dump the movie onto the HD, then I read the disk from there.. It worked like a charm.. Took longer.. but...

9. Egypt322

Egypt322 Guest

I used !click with both DVD43 and AnyDVD and it made 2 perfect copies of 2 different movies. After that it ruined 48 DVDs. It would go threw its process then onces time to burn it would do the error and the once empty DVD was no longer empty and not usuable. What it going wrong with the software? The DVDs I used to burn on were Maxell DVD-R 4x. Now I use a program called Apollo DVD Copy. Makes perfect copies. They play perfect on my computer but when put in my player to watch on TV it says disk error. IM CONFUDDLED!

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Egypt322,

I might suggest that you try to use a RW disc so that when an error occurs you haven't lost a disc.

Both of those programs are DVD43 and AnyDVD are driver type ripper programs and will work with almost anything. Hence your problem was probably with your 1click.

As far as your media is concerned, Maxell -R media are made with an "Unknown" dye process and are not known to be that good a disc. I suggest using Maxell +R's as they are actually TY's. Some of the best discs available.

I suggest that the problem isn't with your discs (though they may not be good); the problem likely lies with your player. Many older players cannot play discs of today. Your player cannot recognize discs that are 8X OR that may not have been around when your player was built. A cheapo player like a Cyber Home for about $39.99 will play almost a cheese pizza. Try your discs on some other players before tossing them out.

Cheers,

Pete

11. Egypt322

Egypt322 Guest

ScubaPete, KISSES AND MORE KISSES! Thanks!