1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Click DVD Copy 4.1...4X Faster Claims Bogus????

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by RobertSB, Jan 1, 2005.

1. RobertSB

RobertSB Member

I've been using DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, with good success and quality. I've read reviews and 1 Click DVD Copy has always been at or near the top of a majority of them. I tried there free download awhile ago and thought it was good but not any better than what I was using for free. There new version (4.1) is advertised as 4X faster. I have read several independant reviews confirming this great speed increase (18 minutes including burning incl. all extras). If there is one thing I am is impatient. I felt this WOULD be worth the money to me($59). I purchased it yesturday and have backed up 3 DVD's. I have only one DVD drive so I backed them up to my hard drive. They all took approx 40 minutes!!!! What gives? I'm running a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz., Gig of DDR Ram, Dual SATA Drives! I am perplexed! Did I get scammed? Anyone's insite in this matter is appreciated. Thanks.

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

just had a look on their website, it says 3x faster.
    I wonder what their comparison is!

Goes to show how advertising can mislead people!
    I am always wary of these fantastic claims that companies make. Why not E-mail them & ask where they get there figures from? I would.

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

4. 64026402

64026402 Active member

The review I read said it took 30 minutes on a 3400 xp machine with a 16x burner. No faster than DVDShrink or DVDcopy3. They didn't give specifics on the movie so we don't know the amount of compression. It may be faster than older 1-click but nothing out of the ordinary.

5. oweowe

oweowe Member

I tried 1click DVD Copy V.4 , the burning speed is really faster than DVDXCOPY, DVD Cloner... My experience is if you choose "Whole Disk" option, it may take longer (~40 mins for a 100 mins movie). But if you choose "Main Movie" option, it will reduce to ~25 mins.

But I found even faster one with great image quality! That is Apollo DVD Copy 4.02. You may download it from http://www.xtodvd.com. This stuff is amazing. The software size is around 2.5M, but the functionality is very comprehensive. It took me ~30 mins for the whole disk copy and ~20 mins for the main movie copy. Initially I doubted about the speed it claims and the quality it produces, but now I am fully convinced. You may not want to miss this one.

(My computer is Intel P3 733M + 512M SDRAM + DigitalMax's 16X DVD RW burner with media 8X DVD R+)

6. ozy

ozy Regular member

I gave this proggy a try the other day. The whole process took about 40mins on a 2x dvd-rw running p4, 512 ram, 2.0 gig processor and 80 gig HD. The movie worked fine but still have to watch from start to finish to check for skipping errors etc. Easy program to use and great for a newbie. Unfortunately not enough options for me.
    I think I'll just stick with decrypter and clonedvd2.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  7. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

the program is a competely bogus piece of junk. I dl the program and it can't even decrypt the movie. THen what is the purpose of paying $59 for it? while u can dl DVDSHrink 4 free (decrypt n encode in 1 package, as well as reauthoring).
    I'm sry dude but ugot ripped off.

8. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Most DVD backup programs do not come with encryption removal because of legal issues.
    This does not make a program junk.

DVDcopy3
    DVDrebuilder
    Instant Copy
    Nero recode
    DVD2one
    All need a seperate ripper. All are good programs.

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Oweowe, my X-copy can rip 7.6gig movie in 25mins & burn in 13mins. I am perfectly happy with that.
    I have tried recode2 & shrink, but in all honesty I prefer my x-copy.
    (Preparing to duck from flack!!!). Just joking!
    As for their reviews, yeah right! It reminds me of the reviews on hair restorer in the olden days! Your system should be quicker than that with the specs you have. Ho Hum! Another lesson learned, the hard way!
    Pulsar

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  10. 64026402

64026402 Active member

How about that. I own X-crappy also. It works but I hate it. It was my first purchase. Dumb guy, dumb guy. 149 dollars down the tubes.
    Like you said. I learned the hard way. 1-click was purchase number 2. Better than X.
    Ouch, then I found Shrink.:( Free and better yet.
    Then pinnacle.
    Then DVDrebuilder/CCE.:) $50 and much better.
    Then DVDcopy3. Much faster
    I'll stop here. ;)

11. RobertSB

RobertSB Member

12. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

I suggest you use CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. http://www.slysoft.com/en/

This is by far the best on the planet.

It's fast and very user friendly plus it supports Dual Layer media. Try it and let me know please

13. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Did you read the review. It said it tested a small movie at only 16% compression. With the 16x reader this would take very little time on any speedy machine. Most decent encoders would match the 11 minute time on that small of a movie. The six minutes for the 16x burn was normal.

14. oweowe

oweowe Member

MarkNZ:
    I do like AnyDVD and feel it may be the best decrypter so far.
    but I haven't tried their CloneDVD2 yet. Would you please share more of your experience, such as compared with other commercial product you ever used, quality-wize and speed-wize?
    By the way, has anybody used Apollo DVD Copy 4.0.2? It seems I am the only one and I feel so lonely...
    Thank you!

15. bdgriff

bdgriff Guest

I read the review link you sent, are you sure it didn't mean 11 mins to read and encode the dvd, PLUS an additional 17 mins to re-encode and burn for a TOTAL of 28+ mins?? That sound about right to me...Just wondering...That's why I use one's I've already tested. (Intervideo 3 right now)...

16. weazendvd

weazendvd Member

this may be a stupid question, but ive seen threads where people rip with DVD Decrypter, encode with DVD Shrink, and then burn with decrypter. why dont they just skip the first step and decrypt/encode at the same time with shrink?

17. stonecld

stonecld Member

Hello Fellas so far have tried Dvd Cloner 2 sucked idnt even wrk the tried 1 click copy dvd to slow took an hour and three minutes to burn a dvd good quality though then used clone dvd2 wich is about as good and fast as Dvd Shrink with Nero So i like and recomened Dvd Shrink and Nero or Clone Dvd 2 there fast and decent programs havnt tried xpress cause of all the crap ive heard with the regestration o and a rippoff too goin for like 90 clams for the platinum version. well later fellas!

18. stonecld

stonecld Member

winner for now dvd shrink and nero!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  19. RobertSB

RobertSB Member

Sorry this took so long but you'll be pleased with my findings. When I initially purchased 1 Click 4.1 I was awaiting the arrival of my Pioneer A08XL and was still using my old NEC ND-2501A. My preliminary testing was done with the NEC drive. Being quite new at this I didn't realize the great difference in READ speeds. After installing the A08XL, updating to the latest frimware and turning off the Quietdrive feature I was able to back up a movie using 20% compression in 12 MINUTES!!!!!!! . Couldn't be happier with 1 Click DVD Copy 4.1!!! Thanks much for your help!!!

20. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I'm glad your are happy with your purchase. 12 minutes is reasonable for a low compression movie with a fast DVD drive and quick machine.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005