1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Click DVD Copy...Good, Bad, or Ugly...?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Headman, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Headman

Headman Guest

Has anyone used the software "1 Click DVD Copy"...Is it as good as they advertise...as easy as advertised...If not, does anyone have any suggestions for good, simple video copying/authoring...?

2. 222333444

222333444 Member

Why use it? You can download Shrink and The Decrypter and they work as good or better for $0. I use the Decrypter with the Nero softwear that came with my burner which includes Nero Recode 2.

3. algonzo

algonzo Guest

Hi,
    How well does Shrink work with a dual layer burner? I have Record Now running an HP CP.

4. dustinl15

dustinl15 Member

i tried 1 click and i liked it so i purchased it. it beats using all that other stuff, it so easy.

5. Headman

Headman Guest

I agree...Shrink and Decrypter are Great...They are easy to use and, in my uneducated opinion, give great results. The only con is the time it takes to complete the entire process...whew...Actually I probably should have asked..." Is 1 Click any faster that Shrink and Decrypter...?

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I've never used 1 Click DVD Copy but if it's speed you're after I doubt it's any faster than CloneDVD2 :)

7. 1coffee

1coffee Guest

Stay away from 1 click DVD. I purchased one and I downloaded DVD43Free to work with 1 click DVD to make a backup copy.But I get reading errors all the time and even after I followed their suggestions,it still wouldn't work.

I requested for a refund and they said that they would NOT give you any refund for matters related to copy decryption. If they had such statements on their site clearly, I wouldn't have purchased one.

I've been using DVDXCopy for a long time and as far as reading/burning speed is concerned,DVDXCopy is probably the best.And the image quality of the copied movie is very good.

I've tried Clone DVD, Clone DVD2,and it took more than a hour to read 90% of 90 min. movie and I just didn't want to wait any longer to finish it.

Some people say that my PC is too slow(Athlon 1 Ghz, 642 MB, 160 G HD)but then with DVDXCopy it read the same movie in 11 min. and finished burning in under 6 min. using 16x Liteon DVD Rom and Plextor 708. DVDX Copy must have a fast reading engine.

But if I have a choice other than DVDX, then I would pick CloneDVD. This one has great features and excellent interface. When I really have time, I will try it again to see how long it will take to finish copying a movie......it may take a few hours?

Everybody's life is busy and to me "time efficient" is as important as quality job and I don't plan to buy a new, faster PC just for the purpose of copying
    movies since my current PC is working fine for all my needs.

So if I get CloneDVD, I will use it as my backup DVD burning tool.

8. 222333444

222333444 Member

"One Click Copy" is nothing more than a burn and shrink program. Most of the time you get that when you buy a burner. So you allready have everything that "one click" has! You still have to download your own Decrypter. "Any DVD" will Decrypt any thing DVD Decrypter or shrink fails on.

9. khenders

khenders Member

I've used DVDXCopy Gold a lot. Works great except won't do some of the new movies. I recently bought 1Click DVD Copy...used it with DVD43. It's easy to use, faster than DVDXCopy and the quality is good, but won't back up "The Forgotten." I downloaded the new version of AnyDVD and Shrink. AnyDVD seemed to work, but Shrink stopped analyzing the movie at 18%. Then I tried CloneDVD with AnyDVD. Again, it looks like AnyDVD is working, but CloneDVD says the movie is still encrypted! I'm frustrated and can't figure out what's wrong!

10. brochini

brochini Member

Either DVD43 or AllDVD works well in conjunction with 1CLICKDVDCOPY. Only then when DVD43 changes in it's system tray icon to Green and for ALLDVD to display the type of decryption removal information that you can proceed to executing 1CLICKDVDCOPY. "FORGOTTEN" has Sony's new encrypted code 'Arccus', which ALLDVD display in the info. they have decrypted. Whether they made it perfect or not, still I don't think there is a burner software out there yet who can handle this problem. Neither DVDXCopy is qualified to handle it. I myself is waiting for 1CLICKDVDCOPY updates to integrate this issue before I spent money on their software. I was an avid user of DVDXcopy, bought all their softwares when Mr. Moore owns it, but I considerd it 'garbage' software now, no support and the new owner wants $50.00 for a repurchase to solve your reactivation problem -- which explains they don't have programmer at all but salesman to the left over inventories of DVDXcopy -- correct me if I'm wrong.

11. brochini

brochini Member

I mean ANYDVD not ALLDVD in my latest reply; a typo error.

12. khenders

khenders Member

I can't get AnyDVD to work with 1ClickDVDCopy. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. The fox icon is in the startup tray...I put the movie in the drive...the fox dims, then gives me a message that says it's removed all the various encryptions...then I open 1Click, but it says the movie is still encrypted, so it can't copy.

13. khenders

khenders Member

I can't get AnyDVD to work with 1ClickDVDCopy. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. The fox icon is in the startup tray...I put the movie in the drive...the fox dims, then gives me a message that says it's removed all the various encryptions...then I open 1Click, but it says the movie is still encrypted, so it can't copy.

14. khenders

khenders Member

Sorry about the repeat reply. When I sent it the first time, I got the message that it didn't go through, so try again in a few seconds. :-(

15. 1coffee

1coffee Guest

Since I purchsed 1 click DVD, I almost gave up on this one. Even with DVD43, it continued to give me a reading error. Since lots of people are raving about ANYDVD here, so I gave it a try.

When I put a DVD movie in the DVD ROM, the pop up showed up,showing all the copy decryption related details about the movie. I started the program...and it worked flawlessly. I then tried DVD CLONE, DVD CLONE2 and they all worked beautifully with ANYDVD.

I also downloded DVD Shrink and I'm gonna do a test drive soon.

So, I'm convinced that ANYDVD is the one you have to have.

That little red fox....has such an awesome brain power.

16. brochini

brochini Member

DVD Decrypter/DVD Shrink works also flawlessy. Tested it with "Forgotten" and it's free. It's not GUI type point and click like AnyDVD/CloneDVD2. Bottom line, why spent money on the latter. A better Gui point and click candidate would be 1ClickDVDCopy as soon as it could process the newer copy protection scheme.

17. moonfrog

moonfrog Member

1 Click Dvd Copy and AnyDvd is my current favorite. I haven't tried to copy Forgotten. AnyDvd does work with 1 Click because I used it yesterday, twice. Just get the latest AnyDvd. They update often.

The 1 Click Dvd Copy trial program will let you copy 3 movies to try it out. Click on Settings, pick what you want, like Menus, Subtitles, etc... and then click Start. Easy.

18. khenders

khenders Member

I really like 1ClickDVDCopy too. It's fast, easy, and makes very good copies, but I just got the latest version of AnyDVD and can't get it to work with 1Click. Even though AnyDVD gives me the window that shows everything decrypted...1Click still says it's encrypted. 1Click works great with DVD43, but won't copy the new Sony movies. Since some of you have used AnyDVD with 1Click, maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. ??

I tried Shrink and CloneDVD...couldn't get either to work and something caused problems with my computer...the DVD burner didn't recognize when a disk was inserted. I "fixed" it by doing a system restore for a date before I downloaded those programs.

19. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

DVD Shrink is the way to go first round along with AnyDVD. AnyDVD is not free though. If you want all free then use DVD DeCrypter or VobBlanker for example on DVD's like RE2, The Forgotten, etc.

Bottom line, DVD Shrink works and it's free!

20. khenders

khenders Member

Finally...1ClickDVDcopy works with AnyDVD! I downloaded the most recent versions of each program and it works perfectly! (I just bought 1Click about 3 weeks ago, so I didn't realize they already had an update.) Makes great copies with just 1 click...just like they claim! :-D