1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Click DVD Copy Nightmare

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by 222333444, Dec 7, 2004.

1. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Winner for the best line of the week!!!

That was great!

May I use that one without royalties please? :)

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

An addition:

In glancing back through this thread and seeing the problem that 222333444 had when he started this thread, I cannot over stress the importance of using a decent media. It has been my experience and those of numerous pple in this forum that using a good media could eliminate many problems.

A short ScubaPete lecture ~

Memorex is an excellent example as DVD media goes, 90% of Memorex, made by CMC, is sub-standard as far as DVD backups are concerned, figures as high as 50% coasters have been reported (One member bought a stack of 50 and got 23 good burns.), not what I would call an impressive record. Memorex made a name for itself with their magnetic tapes (VHS and audio cassettes) and have been living off it ever since. There are 4 different companies that manufacture Memorex DVD's BTW and product quality varies widely as you might imagine. Only 10% of the Memorex out there, those are discs manufactured by Mitsubishi in the 25 pack spindle , and they're the exception - they are the good ones. It's easy to see now why the quality of a big-named company can't be trusted - " Who's making your Memorex tonight ?"

Is it just Memorex ? No ! I just used Memorex as an example, Princo, Orange Pack, Great AZO and most "store" discs aren't all that suitable as a DVD backup media - that's why we are specific in the type of media we are recommending.

1. * Cheap media freezes, skips, pixelats and may refuse to be recognized by both burners and players :-( Besides "Freezing", "skips" many times you'll get a "Cyclic Redundancy error" or an "I/O error". This message can mean that your discs are scratched or dirty, it can also mean that your burner won't accept your "cheap" media :-(
    Another problem which, "Pops up" is a "*Power Calibration Error". This can stop you right in your tracks and most often is caused by, Yep, you guessed it, inexpensive media. *A "Power Calibration Error" can also be attributed to the Optical Components of a DVD Writer, though this isn't usually the case.

Orange Pack, Princo, Great AZO and 90% of Memorex plus many others are just not that good for DVD burning. Those same discs however, are quite good for your MP3 music, picture archives, Spread sheets and Data..Even DataSafe G04's made by Ritek have been reported as an inferior quality media and are evoking that "Oh no, I shouldn't have gotten those."

What we are suggesting is to download this DVD Identifier to find out who manufactured your DVD and if it's a decent quality.

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

Once you have your disc identified, click the "More information" icon and see what information you're given. if you're not sure of the quality, come on back and we'll check it out for you -

2. A good grade, Hi-quality media is needed for DVD reproduction ! RiData, Phillips, Sony, TDK, "Branded" Ritek G04's or "Branded" Verbatim Data Life, Verbatim DataLife plus, Taiyo Yuden's and generally, almost any discs manufactured by Mitsubishi or RICOH are excellent bets. Among the better discs we're looking for, any media boasting "Advanced Metal AZO" - BUT it must say "METAL" AZO !, this indicates a superior dye and dye application on a good composite disc, while they are sometimes a bit "pricey" they are just the type of media we're looking for to do our DVD backups, Prices online from Meritline.com OR Newegg.com have gotten Ritek G04 starting at about a $ .45 (USD) a disc -

For DVD backups, purchasing inexpensive media or even average media is a gamble, some people win BUT the majority lose, they lose varying amounts true but, they still lose :-(

Using good grade media can guarantee you one thing to an absolute certainty; it surely cannot hurt.

In an effort to clear the air, when I speak of "Cheap" or "Inexpensive" media, I'm not referring to the price you pay at the counter - I'm referring to poor quality control used during manufacturing and the quality of the dye, dye application or composite type used. I'm not saying it won't burn - Some may burn, some may not. It's quality is inconsistent, meaning it's not dependable. To make matters worse, many times the discs that you do burn may play in your PC BUT your standalone player may not accept them - what good then is a backup DVD that cannot be watched on a DVD player ?

When I say "Branded," that means that when you pick up a disc in your hand, it says "Ritek" or "RiData" on the disc itself. The monetary cost of the media we recommend many times is cheaper than what you are purchasing now.

We like to verify our information prior to recommending things. There are certain things we look at. For instance, when their dye and dye application are listed as unknown, this almost guarantees us they are using whatever they can get at a cheap price. Companies that use quality materials like to BRAG about it, naming names and staying with quality manufacturers who produce their media.

Using DVD identifier and MediaMatch can help you find out a lot about what you're using. Purchasing your DVD media online can insure that you're getting quality merchandise at a good price. Shopping wisely will save you time, aggravation and money.

Cheers all,

Pete

a NOTE:

cjl52346,
    You might wish to download DVD Identifier and check those Great AZO's out. Once you've gotten to the first information line, click on the "Search" Icon and see how many "Non-Mfgrs" there are making that disc :) You'll get quite a chuckle ~

ScubaBud,The royalties are yours (Lol).

Send me my 10%, OK ?

Cheers Guys,

Pete

3. cjl52346

cjl52346 Guest

Didnt know where else to post so sorry if wrong place.Just tried to copy Spanglish from Columbia which was same company that put out other recent releases that wouldnt copy on DVDXCOPY but would copy using dvd shrink and dvd decryptor per Scuba Pete's instruction,this film will not decrypt using dvdshrink with dvd 43free or dvd decryptor by itself(unless dvd43free which was running in background interferred with running dvd decryptor by itself which it seems to do with DVDXCOPY.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated assuming its not me botching things up.Thanks!

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Make sure all your programs are updated. Then DO A SEARCH! There are a nearly a half dozen threads with many responses debating and listing and complaining about SPANGLISH. Read and enjoy.

5. cjl52346

cjl52346 Guest

thanks

6. cjl52346

cjl52346 Guest

thanks

7. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

hey 223344, 1clickdvd copy is a good prog. either ur comp. or/and ur disc are a s---

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

@elizerroj,

Please post in English so pple can understand you.

Thanks ~

@cjl52346,

When you use DVDD, rip the disc in the ISO mode. Ripping in the File mode only copies the file structure not the entire disc.

Let's take a moment to fine-tune your DVD Decrypter's settings. First, it should be version 3.5.4.0. Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove IFO/BUP PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO, Read Mode", "tick" "Remove IFO/BUP PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This is an excellent setting for dealing with lightly scratched discs which may cause reading problems. We're now finished with our settings here so click "OK." There's no reason to change these settings. DVDD is good ripper right out of the box, all we did is to give it some "teeth." (Lol :)

WHEN RIPPING A TROUBLESOME DVD or an episodel DVD, I use DVD Decrypter in the ISO Mode -

REASON: When you rip a DVD in the "File" Mode, you only copy the file structure. When ripping a DVD in the "ISO" Mode, you copy the entire disc just as it is. Every nuance, camera angle, etc.

When ripping in the "ISO" Mode, we want to create a folder to hold our ISO image files. You will have an .ISO file and a .Mds file. Not to worry, DVD Shrink makes picking up an ISO image as easy as pie. Open DVD Shrink and go to"File" - "Open Disc Image", "Browse" for the folder you created to hold your Image files and select the .Mds file. Yes I know, the size is very small and it seems that the entire DVD is held in the ISO file BUT everything will open fine. Let DVD Shrink pickup the file and then process as usual. If you want to use another proggy, you can use ISO Buster to change your ISO Image back to your VOB files, it only takes a second to convert them.

Give it a shot and see how it works –

Pete

ISO Buster ~
    http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

9. cjl52346

cjl52346 Guest

thank you Sir

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Anyime :)

It's what we're here for ~

Caio

11. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

ok scuba here i go veeeerrrryyyy sssslllloooowwwwllllyyy; 1click dvd is a good prog.= program (as in application you know) it is either your disc or/ and your computer that is a shit.

hey scuba, doooo yoooouuu underestand now?

12. cjl52346

cjl52346 Guest

Thanks Scuba Pete you settings worked perfectly now if only the film were that good

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

@elizerroj,

I Thank you for the clairification -

1-Click isn't all that bad . . . . Yea, right !

ScubaPete has the 4.1 version and it sucks as well ~

cjl52346,

You are more than welcome my friend . . . Sorry I couldn't do anything about the film, Lol :p)

Pete

Last edited: Jul 24, 2005
  14. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

no, i don't feel stupid but that's funny. see you

PS; howany progs are there that are shrink with a different skin, i've heard of cloner2 also.

15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yep, I have and that makes me feel "Stupid".

Got the 1-Click and Cloner mixed all up -

My Bad, will edit my former post -

Just goes to show what happens when one spends too much time in the hospital.

Today was my first evening out -

Again, My Bad.

I should have known better as I have 1-click and actually bought it as a small proggy to use for DVVD-5's. I wasn't all that happy with it on large DVD's.

Cloner = Bad
    1-Click = not great BUT alright –

(headed off to make sure the medic van delivered me to the correct house .

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Well I checked my address and Thank God, I'm Home !

I also checked page 2 of this thread when I likened 1-Click to XCopy and suggested pple try it for it's 1-click solution (but not it's quality (Lol)

I'm not feeling that bad that I would say it produces as decent a quality as DVD Shrink with the quality Enhancements - Lol

Pete

17. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

lololololololol. hope you feel better bro see you.

18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

@Wild77,

Don't forget -

DivxToDVD (AVI to DVD without a "Hitch")
    BurnatOnce (a fine frier, doesn't work well with XP :(
    DVD43 (the new version even does the ARccOS encryption)
    CD Check (recovers corrupted files)
    DVDFab (excellent for spliting a DVD betyween 2 discs)
    Tiny Personal Firewall (almost as good as any $$$$ one)

Not to mention a ton of others -

CHEERS,

19. gazlilley

gazlilley Guest

i have got 1 click dvd copy and i haven't experianced an error yet, although the disks i use are from Bulkpaq, out of 200 i bought from them only 1 was faulty, not bad really considering it's really cheap to buy them in the uk.

things i'm using to create DVD's

DVD-RW - LG GSA 4120b (12X dvd+-r, dual layer 2.4X), 512mbddr, 80gbhdd, amd athlon xp 2000+ (1.67ghz), ati 64mb graphics card, although the spec ain't good, i got a pants motherboard, so people don't laugh at my pathetic computer.

20. harismd

harismd Guest

Hi Pete,

I need your help badly!

I used your instructions re: dvdD and shrink and everything is fine until I come to the shrink part where there is some red bar left. I could not remove any extras so my image I guess too big. (about 4.78Gigs). I cannot shrink it more than 51%. WHat do I do? I tried many other programs to copy this educational DVD but everything failed including 1 click dvd.

Please help

Harris