1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Click DVD Copy Nightmare

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by 222333444, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Adam20540

Adam20540 Member

An update on my efforts, using super ScubaPete's tutorial: Everything is working great :) One thing, though, I noticed that after each burn, and before starting a new one, I have to always re-do one of the 'adjustments' in DVDD, it is this: Under ''MODE'' re-select ''FILE''. Perhaps Pete can tell us if this is the case, or is it just something in my computer (?)

I have also added an extra 'adjustment' to my DVDD settings: TOOLS...SETTINGS...ISO WRITE MODE, I ticked the box where it said: CHECK ''DELETE THE IMAGE WHEN DONE''. This can also be done at the very end, while DVDD is burning the DVD.

Actually, I was also looking for a box that would say ''click to delete the files in the VIDEO_TS folder when done''...there wasn't one. I just thought that since these also have to be deleted, (I don't see the point of leaving them on my HD) after each burn, it would have been extra neat to have these options in the settings ..I know, I am asking a lot from a FREE program :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  2. hapeit

hapeit Member

I just bought a LiteOn burner SHW-1635X (double layer) DVD. How is to back way to backup my home dvd collection?

3. tenwolf

tenwolf Member

I use (1-ClickDVD Copy) with (Any DVD 5.6.1.1), my PC is a Dell with 512 mem and a (Nec DVD + - (ND-3530A) writer) and I never have no problem burning DVD's and I use all Types of DVD's What ever's on sale, one thing that I do when I go to backup my DVD's, is that I shut down all applications running including connection to the WEB, and just run the app's that I need to backup the DVD. And just leave it, so the only thing the computer is doing is backing up my DVD, and so far in the year that I've been backing up I only had one problem and it was no sound with the DVD ( The Polar Express ) and I lots of family that borrow my DVD's ( I only give them the backup copy ) and as many time that they are been used they are still playing with no types of problems. As I mention before when I backup it's the only thing my computer is doing at that moment.

4. hapeit

hapeit Member

So I just will purchase have to purchase 1-ClickDVD Copy and go from there. BTW what is "Any DVD 5.6.1.1"?
    Thanks

5. tenwolf

tenwolf Member

AnyDVD 5.6.1.1 is a tool that removes automatically the CSS copy protection and RPC region codes from your DVDs that are write protected.

6. henryting

henryting Regular member

hapeit,
    Just for a start, you need only to buy anydvd and download dvd shrink from this forum that simple.
    Dvd shrink is a very simple programme that you can learn to use it in minutes.

7. hapeit

hapeit Member

I used ScubaPete's guides to DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter and burned my first movie last night. IT WORKS GREAT. THANKS ALOT PETE.
    My only question is what are the advantages to one touch software like 1 Click and AnyDVD?
    Is it just one step and/or speed, etc?

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

AnyDVD is not a 1click program it is a driver that works in the background to break encryption/protection on DVD's, it does nothing else. You use this program in conjunction with other programs such as Shrink and Decrypter to break encryptions these programs can no longer do. The program 1click will rip/encode and burn all in the same program where AnyDVD does not do any of this.

9. withDVD

withDVD Member

ScubaPete,

Your advice on buying good media ("advice given and often ignored by Newbies") is a lesson I'm only beginning to learn.

It does make a difference folks!

10. withDVD

withDVD Member

[bold]tenwolf[/bold]

You sound like you adore 1ClickDVD just like is used to. A problem that was developing more and more on recently released DVD’s was no sound in the VOB files. Besides Polar Express (your mention), the same things happens with Bewitched. I was convinced the problem was elsewhere because at the time I decrypting with DVD43; I switched to AnyDVD and had the same problem. On advice from this forum replaced 1Click with Shrink – no more issues with sound.

However, in another thread there was a very interesting post about 1Click. The user states that whenever a no sound condition is experience with VOB files produced by 1Click, try to re-rip and in the options for 1Click, choose to add menus and extras. I have not tried this and cannot confirm. [bold]I’m sure this will affect quality considering most persons want menus and extras left off for compression reasons, however, if one is insistent on using 1Click this may be the answer.[/bold]

11. Adam20540

Adam20540 Member

I wonder if ScubaPete is still reading this thread .. he hasn't been around since the end of July :( Hope to hear from you soon, ScubaPete.

12. Adam20540

Adam20540 Member

DVDD has a default of MAX reading and MAX writing speeds. I am just wondering, does reducing this to 4x or 2x, result in a better quality burning ?

13. withDVD

withDVD Member

I guess if it did (a default of MAX reading and MAX writing speeds) and also having to select combinations fo menus and extras to ensure sound with certain DVDs, this is more than enough reason to dump a poorly constructed product...

[bold]withDVD[/bold]

[​IMG]

14. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

withDVD,

Let's reduce the size of the gif in your sig. Guidelines are laid out in the forum rules, there's a link to them in my sig :)

15. withDVD

withDVD Member

Got it...thanks...sorry!

[​IMG]