1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Click DVD Copy, Whats your preference?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by backohead, Jun 11, 2004.

1. backohead

backohead Member

Heyfolks. Ive been Backing up DVD's now for about 4 months or so. I started with DVDX Platinum then moved on to the RF version. I downloaded a trail version of 1 Click DVD copy and it worked great. I didnt have the $50 bucks to pony up so i went back to Platinum in the meantime. Now i purchased 1 Click and again no problems. I was wondering if anyone else has tried it and has there luck been as good as mine? There were a few titles Platinum wouldnt burn but 1 Click did. I think the overall picture quality is slightly less than Platinum BUT theres no warning at the start plus no Copy Protection burned into your backups so you can make backups of a backup if need be. Im not advertising for them i just want to know if there are other users out there. Ive been using DVD Shrink also with so so results burning with Platinum but i have yet to try and Burn with Nero. I guess i would like to know everyones Prefered method. Mine for now would be 1 Click DVD Copy but im open to how you all do your own. Thanks for your time.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

3. colw

colw Active member

DVD Shrink, DVD Decryptor and Nero - the awesome threesomme - 101% success

4. backohead

backohead Member

I think Shrink,Decryptor and Nero seem to be real popular. So last night I tried my first DVD using Shrink and Nero. It was an Adult DVD i couldn't backup with Platinum or 1 Click. Guess what? Perfect backup with Shrink and Nero. This really DEPRESSES me folks. I spent $150 on Platinum and $50 on 1 Click. I need a Beer to cry in. :-( Thanks for the input though!

5. flip218

backohead,

Get DVD43, its free and might help when using Platinum. Have you applied the patch to make RF a ripper?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 200GB HD
    TDK 840G, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro

Gateway 450, Pentium III 450MHz
    384 MB SDRAM, 160GB HD
    NEC 2100A, LiteOn LTD-163 DVD-ROM
    XP Home, 16MB nVidia RIVA TNT[/small]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2004
  6. flip218

Using v4.0.4.15RF there is no more "DVD Backup" screen

7. flip218

although I haven't tried backing up an Adult movie... I haven't found a movie I can't backup. I use Platinum, DVD Cloner 2, DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero, and DVD Rebuilder. So many are quick to blame the software.. ever though it may be the user or hardware?

8. backohead

backohead Member

Flip, you seem to be everywhere I am :) Yes I have DVD43 and it works great on Platinum and 1 Click though it didnt wotk on Intervideo's software for some reason. I just have more luck with other software then I have had with Platinum. I just feel for the money I spent it should be more reliable but hey we all live and learn. Ive been reading these posts for a while and some peeps have no trouble and some have all kinds of problems so who's to say. Im learning something new everyday. Thanks for the info though.

9. flip218

Very, very true :) ... Here some other ways to backup:

Another good one I'm using is DVD Rebuilder w/ CCE Basic(which isn't 1 click... sorry off topic :) but quality is excellent)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 200GB HD
    TDK 840G, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro

Gateway 450, Pentium III 450MHz
    384 MB SDRAM, 160GB HD
    NEC 2100A, LiteOn LTD-163 DVD-ROM
    XP Home, 16MB nVidia RIVA TNT[/small]

10. flip218

backohead,

If you have DVD43... give Nero Recode 2 a try.

11. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

Shrink + Nero, Decrypter if shrink doesnt work(only happend to me 3 times)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    MSI Neo-FIS2R
    512 Corsair XMS 3200
    36.7GB Raptor SATA
    Hitachi 80GB SATA
    Lite On 411s @ 811s
    SAPPHIRE RADEON 9800PRO[/small]

12. backohead

backohead Member

One thing i forgot to bringup. I havent tried to backup any of my Episodic DVD's Like "Chapelle Show". Is there a Guide here somewhere?Im sure i could place the Episodes so they run in order but can I do this WITH a title menu using DVD Shrink and Nero? Thanks.

13. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Just do the full discs with the episodics when using Shrink and you'll be fine :)

14. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

I do episodics in reauthor mode all the time and just choose the titles, But then no menu's

15. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

For a one click program I like clonedvd2 by Elby you have to use anydvd with it but if your doing the full movie or copying 1 or more titles clonedvd2 will not let you mess up the DVD. For long movies I use Platinum 4.0.4.15 Most of the time if when your just picking the titles your going to see 2=3 or even 4 titles with the same time or close to it. I just think clonedvd2 is the easy to pick or drop titles/warring screens click the title starts playing take the check out its gone. If you want free I with go with everyone is telling you Shrink/Decrypter. Everyone is going to gave there fav software your going to have to find out what works the best with your computer and you.

PS You lose the menu when you pick re-author or just burn the titles. Thats what gets the compression %% up losing the menu and extras and the audio. Why are you copying just the titles if you don't need the compression %% up? shrink/clonedvd/platinum I cant think of a program that you can keep the menu when just copying the titles. If there is a program or there is a way could some one help me out. Thanks
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  16. conc

conc Member

Hi all. I've been burning for about 12 months and have great results using shrink, nero and dvd 43. I've copied hundreds of movies on deep analysis mode, and I'm extremely happy with the result. I've made no more than 2 or 3 drink coasters as a result of human error. That's it! I've read that some of you use decrypter or smartripper to burn to hard drive first. Why? Using shrink will get the movie and all extras (I only do the movie in re author mode) shrunk to fit to 4.7g blank in no time at all. The quality of my copies have been nothing short of brilliant. I've tried many others, dvd2one, dvdXcopy, clonedvd and nero re code just to mention a few, but none have given me as good a resolution as shrink used with the other prorams mentioned above.