1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 click ignores DVD+R discs

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Jimbob7, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Jimbob7

Jimbob7 Member

Hi Guys,

I recently bought some Sony DVD+R for my stand-a-lone DVD recorder and they work fine. I thought I would try them on my PC having always used DVD-R before. In 1 Click and DVD cloner 4 they are just simply ignored and refuse to burn. If I insert a DVD-R it works immediately! I can get the DVDR+R to burn in Pinnacle studio 10 though.

Any ideas please?

Jim

2. bubbles19

bubbles19 Guest

What DVD burner do you have?

You could try looking on this site and see what discs your burner will use.

Also what speed are these sony's ..

If you try a 16x speed disc in an 8x burner it might not work.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

great advise by bubbles..... here is a website that you can look up your burner.... just put in your model # in the search and it will show you what your burner can do at what speeds it can burn and what comments there are from owners of the same burner:
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters.php

4. Jimbob7

Jimbob7 Member

Thank guys, my burners are? Liteon 18H and BenQ 1655. I've since heard that having Any Dvd (minus format?) being installed may cause this problem, (?)

Does this mean you can't copy movies onto DVD+R.

Thanks again

Jim

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I have the BenQ 1655 too! great burner! and I can use +R media as well as the -R media! AnyDVD doesn't matter when it is installed......and won't block you from burning any media! I strictly use the better media, MIJs (made in Japan) or Verbatim (only exception to the MIJ rule!). I know for a fact that the BenQ 1655 works great with Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim in both formats of -Rs or +Rs! enjoy!

6. Jimbob7

Jimbob7 Member

Thank Ihoe and all. I think the problem lies somewhere els. Hmmm

7. bubbles19

bubbles19 Guest

Jim

Does your Liteon drive show up in 1click?

Some newer drives have been a problem with 1click due to an out of date patin couffin driver (1.36)

If you download and install the latest version of 1click this will install PC1.37 which fixes the drive problem.

8. Jimbob7

Jimbob7 Member

Hi Bubbled yes mate, it does now. I had trouble until I upgraded to the latest version. It was the same with DVD cloner III. The update cured that, too. The strange thing is, when I do a home movie with Pinnacle Studio 10 it will quite happily burn to DVDR+.

Jim

9. Jimbob7

Jimbob7 Member

UPDATE!
    It looks as if may have been the media after all! In desperation I took a DVD+R disc from the middle of the 50 spindle pack and it worked! I have a few duff discs, lol.

Thank you all once again.

Jim