1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 gb ram or 2x512 mb ram

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by smackfrog, Feb 28, 2005.

1. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

My current computer, an old Vaio, is crapping out on me, I suspect a motherboard problem, so I will soon be 'forced' to build myself a new system. Which is fine since I was planning on this anyway seeing as how I have seemingly pushed my 5 or 6 year-old Vaio to its limits in upgradeability. So, I was wondering if there was a difference between getting 2 512 mb sticks or just getting a single 1 gb stick or ram.

2. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

Another question, not related to memory, but related to my future pc; I know that it is bad idea to get cheapo psu, and often times i see that ppl will buy a case w/ psu and then replace the psu with a brand that they know and trust. I have heard mostly good things about Rosewill and was wondering if their psu are any good. I have found a Rosewill case w/ psu that seems fitting of my budget and needs, but if I should just buy a separate psu and case it would be nice to know.. and if Rosewill is not any good, does anyone have any suggestions of brands, I have seen others recommend antec and thermaltake..

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ram wise go with 2x512mb just in case 1 goes bad still have other to use til get new/replaced one. psu wise everybody have their likes & dislikes so is up to you which you get but get at least a 400w psu