1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 single flashing red light...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by roachee, Apr 30, 2007.

1. roachee

roachee Member

I am new to this board b/c I just joined, but I just plugged in my 360 for the very first time last night and when I turned it on, there was a single flashing red light on the bottom right side. Then a error message screen came on with error E 67?? I called customer support and after unplugging and plugging everything back in it still was giving me the same error message....then he told me to take off the hard drive and then put it back on. After I did that it worked, but this afternoon it did the same thing again. I have one of those coolers on the back of the system, and I don't know if that is doing something to it or not. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

it might be a hardware failure mate. when u take off the hard drive does it stay working if so then thats ur problem now if uve flashed ur xbox u will have to do without ur hard drive if not then send it bak to microsoft for repairs
    u might wanna considering going online to xbox and downloading the latest automatic update but wuldnt do this if uve flashed ur drive
    but seems u have a hardware failure mae culd b ur hard drive tkwe it off and leave it off to see if that helps

3. roachee

roachee Member

Thanks for the reply....I got home yesterday and removed the cooler that I had purchased with the system, and it seems to be working fine now. When I first turned on the system after removing the cooling attachment, I got an E 68 error, but then I turned it on a couple of minutes later and it worked. Go figure. I just hope it continues to work.

4. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

good u got it sorted if it doesnt take the hard drive off as well that should fix ur problem

5. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

i had the same problem just chuck the fan away if u have seen the damage it did to a guys xbox on ere

6. takeabow

takeabow Member

i was the same, i took off the cooler and it worked fine. Shouldnt need the cooler if its in a ventilated area anyway.

7. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

yeh they r gay

8. takeabow

takeabow Member

defo a waste of money, well sayin the gimp at game convinced me i'd need one. Must be on commission or sumfn lol

9. resifreak

resifreak Member

used to work there nah man we get nuffin but dont buy intercoolers man they suck

10. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

cool could you get stuff for free like????

11. resifreak

resifreak Member

12. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

but could u get anything