1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Spindle OK, Next Spindle Terrible

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by psyclone, Apr 12, 2004.

1. psyclone

psyclone Member

I bought a DVD Burner and two spindles of Princo DVD's no that long ago, they were the princo a-grade DVD-R 4x.

Out of the first spindle i had about 6 DVD's which buggered up, for the price i thought that it wasnt too bad, then came the second spindle, of the 40 i have burnt off it now, 35 have been coasters, movies start slowing up and eventually stopping half way through, is this a common thing or is it just a bad spindle.

I'll give the Riteks a go next i think after reading these forums, anyone else had these problems with princo. My burner is a Lite-One SOHW-812S

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I don't agree with the term Grade A media when talking about Princo ;-)

I normally solely use Ritek G04 DVD-R myself (especially for DVD-Video) , although I do have some Bulkpaq Orange X4 DVD-R which are Prodisc dye (data or PS2 , I do not burn to very outer edge of disc)

Prices have come way down in the DVD media market (here in U.K anyway) so I would suggest any of the Ritek G04 dye media apart from :
    Datasafe X4 DVD-R (G04)
    Orange Overprint X4 DVD-R (G04)

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Grade A Princo is a definite oxymoron.

4. psyclone

psyclone Member

lol, Nephilim, nice one, ok, i have sourced out i can get a spindle of ritek G04 DVD-R's for $65 (Australian) I paid $44 for the spindle of princo DVD-R's sp for the extra 20 bucks i'll be going the ritek way i think.

5. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

In the beginning before I found this forum, I was burned when I bought my first two spindles of DVD's. I bought a 100 blank DVD's from a company called eagle DVD's. I don't know who made them but they didn't work at all. I also bought STARLOGIC DVD-R from officemax and they didn't work at all as well. I then bought SONY, TDK, RITEK, ULTRA DVD+R and have had good success for the most part. I thought I was screwed on the RITEKs but then discovered if I just cleaned the DVD it generally cleaned up the problems.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

'Tis a shame that so many people , who don't know any better at first, have to go through the pains of low grade media.

I'd venture to say that people are so used to buying dirt cheap CDR's and getting acceptable results that they naturally translate that to DVDr's when starting out.