1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100% complete?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by twin2, Apr 14, 2004.

1. twin2

twin2 Member

When i Burn a DVD video the process gets to 100% complete but the disc wont eject and the timer keeps counting.

I have tried changing the os form xp pro to 2000 pro, i have also tried different software. I use decryptor to rip then shrink(3.17) then nero(both 5.5.10.54, 6.316). i have also tried burning with cloneDVD reating an image and burning with dvd decryptor.

How can i fix the problem? and is it a software problem or a burner problem.
    the burner is a pioneer DVR-106D with no firmware flashed yet...

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi twin2, Here are a couple of things to try. First try DVDshrink by itself to rip and then let it auto burn with Nero. Sometimes using decrypter and shrink together cause problems if you are ripping with both. Second, since you have Clonedvd, download DVD43. It is a decrypter that runs in the background and will let you use CloneDVD for the complete process. You must use DVD43 in XP. (Its free). It works the same as Anydvd with Clonedvd. I do most of my backups with Clonedvd (the one by Elby). I have the same burner with the modified firmware, but it worked ok before the flash. The new firmware increased my rip speeds.

Jerry

3. twin2

twin2 Member

i tried using shrink to burn directly to a dvd and i get the same result. being that it says it is 100% complete but is writing borders(i waited for 2 hours then reset the box). i brought a spindle of relatively cheap dvd's could this be the problem or would it not burn at all if cheap media was to blame?

4. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Yep, I'm thinking it's crap media or a firmware prob.
    First, try using some good media like TY's or Riteks.
    If that doesn't work, try checking out if the new 106 firmware is alright then upgrade to it.

I would also try making the size of output movie file smaller in DVD Shrink, cheap media often doesn't like being wrote all the way to outside of the disc.

Cheers.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AKA: TRHR (The Red Headed Ranger).
    [​IMG]
    Come say hello and join the Afterdawn IRC Channel
    server: irc.addictz.net
    Channel: #ad_buddies[/small]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2004
  5. twin2

twin2 Member

Yeah the problem was dodgey media. the discs are great for data. But when you burn a DVD video all you get is drink coasters. thanks for all your help.

6. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

No worries.

Glad to see you got sorted!!