1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100 mb full/duplex - Slower than before.. Why?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Fabiofigo, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Fabiofigo

Fabiofigo Member

Hi boys, I've got a problem with booting up isos from my cpu.. I use phoenix 2.50 with "Gc simulator"... but when I set up everything, I set 100 mb full/duplex and the game loads slower than with the other loader... I tried with budokai, metroid prime 2 and bust-a-move 3000 (which is very easy to load with other loaders), but all these games stuck (I get green blinking screen with metroid prime 2) or are so slow... What am I suopposed to do? I've set all the IPs (cpu 192.168.1.100 sm 255.255.255.0 & gc 192.168.1.32) as explained in the read me.txt file, but i Think the problem is with the NIC.. I have a "Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet" card... Is this the problem? should I change the ethernet card, or what? If the problem is with the ethernet card, which is the best brand for this kind of work? I hope you will answer me asap, Thanks very much

p.s.: sorry for my bad english, but I'm italian..

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

3Com and Netgear NIC's seem to work best based on experiences posted here and in the readme.txt files.

3. Fabiofigo

Fabiofigo Member

Ok, thanks for your reply. So what am i gonna do with my ethernet card? Can I use it anyway modifying something or should I change the card?

4. YM2151

YM2151 Member

Do not use Phoenix. It kills performance. Use the program from the command line. psul.exe s3-gcsim.dol and you can just run s3-gcsim.exe and pick your iso.

5. Fabiofigo

Fabiofigo Member

thanks for all your replies, but I would only know if I have to change my ethernet card and buy another one, or if this one is as good as the other...

6. YM2151

YM2151 Member

Your NIC probably isn't at fault. Update your drivers and don't use programs like Phoenix.

7. Fabiofigo

Fabiofigo Member

I tried to updatwe my drivers, but the result is always the same: I see the screen flashing between green and black colors... What's the matter with this program? Which program should I use instead of phoenix? I mean, which is the best that surely works with every kind of NIC and with every OS?