1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

120 fps!!!??

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Syrian, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Syrian

Syrian Member

I heard that apparently ps3 is capable of rendering a game at 120 fps!! If this is possible, thats just crazy, but i mean are there any tvs that can refresh that fast lol?

2. qasim1991

qasim1991 Regular member

i really doubt this to the point where im 99.54% sure that this isn't true. what i heard was 60 fps thats it.

3. Syrian

Syrian Member

4. qasim1991

qasim1991 Regular member

i find this hard to believe. 23 TFLOPS?! thats just not right. from what i heard it was 3 TFLOPS...cant be that much.... but still you would need to buy a new and expensive tv possibly from sony. i am a sony fan but i think sony are starting to push it in terms of focussing only on graphics, im worried that the ps3 will be unstable with all that processing power. they should really think of some innovative ideas instead, like the physx engine, etc. instead of just upping the graphics

5. dpickett

dpickett Guest

read closer...

Kutaragi also explained how a processing power of 25.6 teraflops could be achieved - by creating a Cell cluster server with 16 units, each madeup of eight Cell processors running at 2.5Ghz.

If you want to buy a 32 node cluster of PS3's click here lol

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/store/index.php?submit=software&submitimg[hardware][solutions]=1