1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 DL Coasters with Benq 1620! What's wrong?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by willise, Jan 7, 2007.

1. willise

willise Member

I have had a Benq DW-1620 for about 3-4 years and have burned hundreds of CD's and single layer DVD's with it. But I cannot get it to burn dual layers. I have tried the DVD Decrypter/IMGBurn method, Nero, CloneDVD 2/AnyDVD, and Clone CD/AnyDVD. Each time the write fails. Most time it gets to 50% then fails, right about where the layer break is. I have the most up to date firmware, I believe - B7W9.

I can produce the ISO, MDS file and use it in image burn, but it fails halfway through. What am I doing wrong? Or should I just forget DL for now? BTW I am using Phillips DL DVD+R media. That is the only part of this that is the weak link. Maybe Benq doesn't support the Phillips disks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. rcm999

rcm999 Regular member

You may want to make sure your firmware is up to date, the settings in your software are for DL, and try using Verbatim DL discs. They're a little more expensive, but they're top-notch. And, don't try to burn faster than 4x. 2.4x is ideal for DL I've found, but I have never had any luck burning faster than 4x. I'm sure others here will offer their advice, too. That's what we're all here for! Good luck!