1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16:9 525 LINE (NTSC) VS. 16:9 DISPLAY

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bbydump, May 8, 2003.

1. bbydump

bbydump Guest

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? I have an avi that is widescreen and I want to keep it widescreen, but I used 16:9 525 line (NTSC) and got two huge black bars at the top and bottom. Bigger then usual. Does this have something to do with this aspect ratio setting? Also, I changed the video arrange method to Full Screen - Keep aspect ratio. Should I have used different settings to reduce the thickness of the top & bottom bars? I still want to keep the widescreen, but I know there must be a better setting I should use to reduce that black bar some. If anyone knows, let me know, thanks.

2. wildy91

wildy91 Member

goto centre custom settings and input 704 x 376 as your aspect ratio and have it set as 1/1 as well this will solve it

3. urlybird

urlybird Member

I think

16:9 525 LINE (NTSC) is for viewing on a HDTV

16:9 DISPLAY is for viewing on a computer, posted to a website for viewing etc.

You will set based on whether you are viewing this on a computer or a TV (HDTV 16:9 or a STD 4:3).

If you have an HDTV their will be a method to set the Aspect ratio for viewing - you may have to set "Fill" aspect setting to get rid of the top/bottom bars.

If you are viewing on a Standard Definition TV then you will get the bars top and bottom. Just like watching a widescreen 16:9 DVD on a 4:3 TV.
    Unless you are willing to view cropped 16:9 content at 4:3

Last edited: May 17, 2003